Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at the extra stitching on the dashboard and doors. What option is this, I've never seen this before on any GranTurismo. I really like this (not the colors they show here, but you get the idea). Makes a more custom appearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Wow! I really like that. It looks like a tailor-made suit.....very sharp.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standard option in Ferrari and Maserati.

Just ask for it when ordering!
Having just ordered one, my dealer sure as hell didn't make me aware of that. I'm fanatical about how I order my car and that option wasn't on the configurator, nor in any of the million GranTurismos I've seen pictures of, this is the first ever I've seen with this option. I just double checked my S brochure and nothing there either. I think this is a case of the Italians being Italians and only the salespeople that ask if this is possible from the factory get answers. If you have a salesman that either doesn't even know the options, as in my case, or one that just goes by the brochure you're screwed. I definitely would have taken this option up when I ordered my S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's not a standard GranTurismo option. It's not listed in the options list here for either the GT or GTS. Having seen a dual colour leather interior at the Geneva show that had the French stitch seems on the dash, centre console and doors it looks as though this owner has spec'ed the dual colour options to get the extra leather work then specified the same colour for the whole interior with a contrasting thread colour. Here's a pic of the dual colour so you can see the seems.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
The dual tone leather option is only available on the GT by the way, not the GTS. It costs a crazy £4,055 here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is an option that you can make on the configurator for the GT and GTS in Canada. All he did was choose beige leather for the steering wheel and shift, which is an option, and the contrast stitching with beige.

·
Registered
402 Posts
interesting find!! have not seen nor heard of this option...although, they always say anything is possible if you ask...but, i asked for Alcantara on the dash, and they never responded :mad:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I test drove a GT tonight that had a full black interior, black piano lacquer, with yellow stitching on the doors, seats, dash and console to match the yellow calipers. It looked subtle but oh so sharp. It was a very tasteful specification on the car.

Nick

·
Registered
26 Posts
White on black

Here's the stitching on my GT S. You just order a contrasting colour for the thread - not a special stitch. In the UK the option cost me £140 in March 09

...the car is fantastic. And the best bit - changing gear in manual/sport mode when the rev counter is above 5,000 rpm, unbelievable.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I do not believe this is part of the standard stitch options but comes with the extra leather option that is available at vast cost. I think it can be specified as a contrast to the door cards or all one colour but uses smaller leather panels stitched together. It was certainly not one of the options that I was offered when I specified my GT-S but I was vaguely aware that it existed but given the cost did not think it was worth it and am more than happy with my interior as it is. Oh, and the car is simply awesome!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
We've seen a few... one in white on black leather, another that was red on black leather. It's a very sharp option and does set the car off quite well.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is basically an extended leather package only available on the 4.2. GT and 4.7 GTS-A not the F1 GT-S. Its quite an expensive option as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.