Maserati Forum banner

Have questions regarding 6k service

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Glenn Wallace 
#1 ·
Before I get flamed, I did do a search, read every thread I found, and didn't quite get my questions answered. So, I appeal to the experts:

For an 04 Spyder, What exactly is involved in the 6000 mile service? Is it just a comprehensive oil and fluid change? Is it something the Maserati dealer has to do, or can it be done at a qualified independent?

Thanks in advance!

-Doug

#6 ·
Steeldream said:
If you want to be sure that your warranty is honored, make sure you get all the work during the warranty period done by the dealer.
The 6k service is a non-warranty item though, correct? I'm just trying to figure out so I don't spend way too much at the dealer for what is just an oil change.

I haven't gotten the car yet, it's getting dropped off this weekend (hopefully) so I don't have the manual yet.

#7 ·
The Maserati dealership in Dallas where I get my '05 Coupe GT serviced charges $415 for the following services:

-Change engine oil and filter
-Balance tires, change gearbox and differential fluid
-27-point inspection
-Fuel additive
-Full-service car wash by hand
-Complimentary Mercedes Benz E350 loaner
-Complimentary pick-up and delivery

#8 ·
Just had my 6,000 service...

Back in December. It cost me $371.00. According to the bill it was about $100.00 in parts and the rest was labor at $125.00 an hour at FM of NJ It was an oil change, fluid check(s) and a once over. They also washed the car.

I bought my car with 1,000 miles so I wanted to take it to the dealer to make sure I had all the ECU updates and there were no problems. They also adjusted the hand parking brake at no additional charge and gave me a loaner.

Was it worth $371.00? Well I have not had any problems with my 04 CC. I bought my car and plan on driving about 1,000 miles a month and putting some serious miles on it. That being said, major service intervals (every 12,500 miles) and clutch jobs will be performed by my dealer. The in between oil changes, tires and brake jobs will be done at a certifed shop.

I plan on changing the oil every 6,000 miles. A good shop can do that for $125.00. I don't think $371.00 every 6,000 miles for an oil change is worth it.

I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer. They have always treated me well and have been very helpful.

I don't think you should try to cut a lot of service corners with these cars. You may save a little upfront but end up with problems down the road. IMO

Good Luck. CM

#10 ·
hopefully to answer your question, the 6000 mile service is basically just an oil change.they do check and re-fill a few things..

seeing that your car is an 04, likely still under factory warranty, I would strongly suggest paying the extra few clams and having the dealer do the service. they may find a thing or two amiss, which would be covered under your factory warranty.

do I think I will bring my car to the dealer after my factory warranty expires in June for oil changes??? most likely not, ..

#11 ·
Since your car is a 2004 you should also have the brake fluid changed. The dealer will also tell you you need the Air handling system air filter changed and most likely the engine air filter. Both of these items are also $100 each and In my opinion are not necessary unless you live in a very dusty area. I had them changed at 18000 miles and they both still looked very clean .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.