Maserati Forum banner

Has your Maserati ever left you stranded?

• Yes

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 72.7%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Please Deduct My Yes Vote Hit It By Mistake Should Be No! Jaciro.
One time I was on the side of the road. I blew the driver side head water outlet while acclerating very hard up hill on Wadsworth before 120th... Anyway steam came out, I pulled the car over on the side of the road in a perfect spot where no traffic would be, called Ferrari of Denver and 45 minutes later they had the car, I was at work, and they fixed it perfectly. So actually it was a good thing!

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is outstanding service

Hello All, I managed to get 1 mile from my local Maser dealer (maserati of washington) when my CC light came on and the gearbox F1 pump failed. A car pulled over in front of me immediately and out pops one of the dealership employees on his way home from work. (he lived about 1 1/2 hours from work) He came over and offerd assistance, he determined the problem and game me a lift back to the dealership, he then returned to my car with the tow truck and brought it back the the dealer, made sure I was in a loaner car.

How that for good service?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Over 4 years the 02 CC stranded me on 3 occasions due to:-
- F1 pump failure (hence a yes vote)
- Power Steering hose damage (due to incompetent servicing)
also once due to a tyre blowout (blame it on pothole damage).

In 6 months the GS has only suffered a flat (again due to fault in road surface).

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is a private poll, your username will not be listed in the poll.
So you can vote honestly :)
Hey Chris, it's nice to see you here.

Why all these questions about GS??? R U thinking of getting one too?

BTW, to your poll, my answer is NO although I've only had my car for < 2months now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Chris, it's nice to see you here.

Why all these questions about GS??? R U thinking of getting one too?

BTW, to your poll, my answer is NO although I've only had my car for < 2months now.
Hi PK!

Kickin around the idea of a CC not a GS.
Prices are too tempting to pass up. I am trying to do my part and stimulate the economy :)

We know yours wont leave you stranded, not with "E" and the SD3 :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Technically yes because of tire blow out, but other than that no. I voted no because a tire blow-out can happen in any car, especially when you have been driving 140mph+ for prolonged amounts of time before the blow-out.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes, three times in 86,000 miles:

Stranded twice for tire issues, both my fault - one case ran the tires a bit too long and the other hit a hole in the road and bent the rim.

Clutch sensor failure stranded me on a busy highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're a Stud! :)

Yes, three times in 86,000 miles:

Stranded twice for tire issues, both my fault - one case ran the tires a bit too long and the other hit a hole in the road and bent the rim.

Clutch sensor failure stranded me on a busy highway.
Hello everyone I am new to the site. I do not have a Maser yet but plan to have one within the next year or so.

I just wanted to say to kbrookings that putting 86,000 on a Maser is absolutely awesome. I really respect it when somone drives an exotic like this for those many miles.

Just so everyone has a little background about me, I am a very big Ferari fan and have been since a kid. However, I have also loved Masers almost as long. I was thrilled when Ferrari was given the reigns to Maser and started making their engines. It was the best of all worlds to me.

I am seriously looking at getting a Maser GT and should be able to get one within this year. I am a currency trader and it just depends on what I am able to pull out of the markets this year. Did quite well last year and last year was tough so I should be able to reach my goals this year.

Anyway, hello to all of you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, it has. I had just hired a new guy, and was taking him to the local starbucks in my 07 QP, when the A/C compressor froze up and ate the serpentine belt. Puff of smoke in the cabin, a little bit of burning smell, and the alternator light came on. Boy the QP is hard to drive without power steering! I got it back to work just on the battery and they towed it. Warranty covered no problems.

Identical thing to a friend's 06 QP a couple of weeks later!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello everyone I am new to the site. I do not have a Maser yet but plan to have one within the next year or so.

I just wanted to say to kbrookings that putting 86,000 on a Maser is absolutely awesome. I really respect it when somone drives an exotic like this for those many miles.

Just so everyone has a little background about me, I am a very big Ferari fan and have been since a kid. However, I have also loved Masers almost as long. I was thrilled when Ferrari was given the reigns to Maser and started making their engines. It was the best of all worlds to me.

I am seriously looking at getting a Maser GT and should be able to get one within this year. I am a currency trader and it just depends on what I am able to pull out of the markets this year. Did quite well last year and last year was tough so I should be able to reach my goals this year.

Anyway, hello to all of you.
Thanks! I drive the wheels off of 'em. That is what they are for I think. I enjoyed everyone of those 86K miles except maybe two or three of them on a flatbed after the bent wheel and clutch sensor.

Sounds like you are ready for your Maserati; good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts