Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of using M-Class Memphis speakers to replace the front and rear side speakers (not the rear deck). My local shop is recommending them and the price is fine. Just never heard of them before. Not looking for top end but for a solid improvement.

Also, I'm not sure if the rear sides are 5x7 or 6x9 ?? Anyone ? And, can you replace the rear sides by just removing the grill.

TIA

·
Registered
214 Posts
I put the Memphis M Class components in the front doors, and am in the process of the putting the Msyncs in the rear deck (will just disconnect the side panels). I'm powering them with a Memphis Belle 5 channel amp and have been pleased with all of it so far. I'm not blown away by the sound, but I think that is more to do with the signal quality from the head unit, and they are a very noticable improvement over stock.

The side panels are 5x7. They are easy to remove, just either remove the grill, or just as easy pop off the long metal trim piece covering the leather panel (there's a notch and one end to put something in and begin to pry it off, it just pops off) and that exposes a few screws and you can easily take the whole panel off.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cardiffGiant - thanks

Before I upgrade any other audio components I want to see how good it gets just by getting rid of the paper stock speakers. On Friday I'm replacing the front doors with Memphis MClass Coax's with crossover - I'm leaving the door tweeters alone - so in essence I'll have 2 tweeters in the door plus the 6.5" I'm replacing the rear side's with the same 5x7's w/ crossover for the co-ax tweeter. The rear deck speakers will be left alone for now.

I've done some more research and found that these use carbon fiber cones, Kapton voice coils, swivel mount pure aluminum dome tweeters and polyurethane surrounds.

I'm hoping for a vast improvement over stock for a nominal price. Why are you going to disconnect the sides when replacing the rear decks ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts