Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dealership I bought my gunmetal grey GT from (traded in a sport model black GT for a GT-MC) had to order a new headliner for the car.

Here is the dilemma, the dealership is about 5 hours from where I live (local dealership did not have any GTs much less gunmetal grey color) so I can either leave the car there for the next 2-4 weeks (car has already been paid for in full) or I can take delivery this week but have to load it up on the transport trailer in another 2-4 weeks to have the dealership finish the headliner repair. If you guys were in my situation and had a BMW sedan as a daily driver, would you just let the dealership keep my car for a few weeks possibly a month or would you get it back ASAP only to return in within a few weeks?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering how the price of fuel is raising everyday and in some areas the shortage of diesel I would take delivery. Order the headliner from your local dealer parts department and have them or your favorite shop install it. Simple
So the local dealership that is about 45 mins from my home is staffed by complete morons, I can check if the dealership hour and half away can install the parts for my car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, After having done it myself, I don't fault anyone for going that route!
If I had the proper tools for doing interior restoration that would be one thing but I have never restored a car's headliner. They are paying for the headliner and labor to have it changed out, which is why I always buy cars from Maserati dealerships and have the dealer service my car, the shitty used car dealership would not do that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To answer your original question - I'd leave it with the dealer. One and done.
I agree and it looks better to have the service records at the same dealership the original owner bought the car from, once the repair is complete I will have them load the car up and transport it to me. The dealership I purchased it from told me they can transfer my service records to the new (local) dealership 1 hour from my home.

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 on having the dealership finish the repair and then either have it delivered or go pick it up. Waiting 2-4 more weeks vs instant gratification is a no-brainer to have it done right plus save 10 hours of driving. Mope around in your Beemer for a month and you will appreciate the GT even more.

Reactions: Tony Montana 1983

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 on having the dealership finish the repair and then either have it delivered or go pick it up. Waiting 2-4 more weeks vs instant gratification is a no-brainer to have it done right plus save 10 hours of driving. Mope around in your Beemer for a month and you will appreciate the GT even more.
I agree, good things come to those who are patient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts