Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say it, I hate the way the shifter looks on the Coupe GT. The leather boot is way to large, the shifter is rather tall, but I do like the Maserati stamp on the knob. So has anyone done anything about this? I LOVE the way the traditional Ferrari stainless steel slick shift gates with the stainless steel ball. I think this would be a sharp and almost nostalgic upgrade to our Maseratis, and bring a little more Ferrari roots into the car. What say you ladies and gents?

Joe

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have to say it, I hate the way the shifter looks on the Coupe GT. The leather boot is way to large, the shifter is rather tall, but I do like the Maserati stamp on the knob. So has anyone done anything about this? I LOVE the way the traditional Ferrari stainless steel slick shift gates with the stainless steel ball. I think this would be a sharp and almost nostalgic upgrade to our Maseratis, and bring a little more Ferrari roots into the car. What say you ladies and gents?

Joe
A lot of work and expense for a cosmetic upgrade only. The other potential problem is that the spacing and throw on the GT's gearbox may not be the same as the 360 Ferrari since it is a transaxle design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would think it's a pretty simple job for a machine shop to do for you. If you know someone that can design the part in AutoCAD, SolidWorks or any other mechanical 3D design software it should be fairly easy. If not, there are also online machine shops that provide the design program and will machine the part to your specifications including material, finish, R123456, color, logo, etc. Below is a link to an online machine shop I know of. I've never used them. The site says they'll give you a quote in seconds once you submit your design. It would be interesting to explore the possibility at least.

www.emachineshop.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great Minds think alike

I was just talking to my son at the weekend, moaning about the big clump of leather on the shift on my 4200 GT Spyder, and said I think I will look into getting stainless gate made and get rid of the gastly gear knob at the same time it looks like it 's come off a truck (and with you on logo as well) , happy to go half on the cost of the design if someone wants to design one or I can do it if nobody else wants to, I have a tame machine shop I use here in the UK happy to do talk to them they have loads for me in the past.. What do you think ?? don't think it will be that straight forward will need to measured acuratly and probably some brackets made for fixing. It might even help a bit when shifting from 1st to 2nd when it's cold.

Later Keith Devrbd come back to me on [email protected]

·
Registered
152 Posts
It looks great, but would think that it might actually make the 1-2 shift slightly more difficult. In any case, would definitly love to have it on my car. What about the reverse "collar" if replacing the shifter? I think this might be a sizable job.

·
5,887 Posts
I think this would be a sharp and almost nostalgic upgrade to our Maseratis, and bring a little more Ferrari roots into the car. What say you ladies and gents?
Thinking of nostalgia and the roots of Maserati, the shift boot would be the way to go (I believe vintage Maserati's used boots - not gates).

Maserati is an awesome company with a great history that goes back well before Fiat put it under Ferrari's control. In my opinion, trying to make the Maser closer to a Ferrari would undervalue the great brand Maserati is and was even before Ferrari ran it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thinking of nostalgia and the roots of Maserati, the shift boot would be the way to go (I believe vintage Maserati's used boots - not gates).

Maserati is an awesome company with a great history that goes back well before Fiat put it under Ferrari's control. In my opinion, trying to make the Maser closer to a Ferrari would undervalue the great brand Maserati is and was even before Ferrari ran it.
I agree with TravisJ.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just reviving this thread....any new thoughts...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts