Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I understand, it is a straight pipe replacement of the mufflers although the pre-mufflers remain...

$1899.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, that's what it looks like and sounds like when I had them start one up at the Orange County dealership. It sounds good but pops on deceleration. I called GHL and it turns out that GHL worked with my dealership (Orange County) to develop the straight pipes. They are just 2 1/2" straight stainless steel (polished) and are a direct fit including the mounts. The website price is $1500.

Also, I had my rear mufflers cut off and drove it with the equivalent of the GHL straight pipes but was not happy with the throttle response due to a lack of back pressure. I ended up having my exhaust custom built with 1 3/4" pipes (to restore the backpressure) which are the same size as resonators but still a straight pipe. I then had it split back to twin 2 1/2" SS tips (looks similar to the GHL tips). Since SS moves and changes color when heated, I had pipes inside the SS to disipate heat. It works well and has the "full" sound and performance response restored. And it was only $700 total. You can see a picture if you click on the website after my signature.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
garyst1024
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing