Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m looking to retire my previous sports car coupe to get a maserati coupe (a fun "real" 4-seater coupe). I came across this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mase...m14&_trkparms=72:727|66:1|65:12|39:1|240:1318

It looks good on paper but I noticed that it doesnt have floor mats, the steering wheel is showing some wear, etc. Is this normal for theses cars? Can the steering wheel be rewrapped easily or changed to the wood-grain version? Any comments on this vehicle? It seems like a good candidate given some of the major services have been done recently.

any advice would be greatly appreciated for this maserati newbie. Hope I can join the family.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I m looking to retire my previous sports car coupe to get a maserati coupe (a fun "real" 4-seater coupe). I came across this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mase...m14&_trkparms=72:727|66:1|65:12|39:1|240:1318

It looks good on paper but I noticed that it doesnt have floor mats, the steering wheel is showing some wear, etc. Is this normal for theses cars? Can the steering wheel be rewrapped easily or changed to the wood-grain version? Any comments on this vehicle? It seems like a good candidate given some of the major services have been done recently.

any advice would be greatly appreciated for this maserati newbie. Hope I can join the family.
My brother in law has one exactly like this. Same year, same color, same mileage! He lives in Switzerland and takes the car on track days all the time. He's had zero problems and is really enjoying the experience.

However, he did buy his from an official dealer and tested/inspected it before buying. Ask the seller to let you inspect/drive the car before buying it. If it's a lemon or a badly serviced car you'll regret it later.

·
Registered
439 Posts
2 words of advice:

1) It does have floor mats, it shows in the pics.
2) I would not buy anything from IS imports! There was a post about them not to long ago. A few people including myself have had bad experiences with them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
good example......

Not sure I'd call this a good example at all, although there's no doubt the price is tempting. Looks a bit rough round the edges. The interior color combo of dark blue and tan with dark brown trim is a personal thing.

Unless you know what you're looking for and at, I would strongly recommend getting a car inspected once you have drawn up your short list of potential candidates - for a few hundred bucks on an inspection you can potentially save thousands on a decent example or avoid buying a lemon.

As for the seller - check the forum for comments/threads and also check their Ebay ratings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts