Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's easy. Have you already removed the chrome badges? Use of a heat gun isn't necessary BUT, it enhances the adhesiveness of the tape so it is recommended. Heat the surface and lightly warm the emblem and then immediately apply, press and hold and then once it cools.

I bought the trunk badge in black likely from the same seller as you on ebay but haven't put it on yet. Debating on a color change on the car so I'm going to wait to see what I decide, but it is part of my chrome delete project. Just need the pillar emblems, side grill tri-vents (carbon fiber replacements are being shipped now) and swap out the trunk badge and all the chrome on the car will be deleted.

What color is your car? Make sure you post pics once done!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Is it easy to do with heat gun? I found on ebay with adhesive on the back. Any one try it?
Thank you for your feedback.
If you mean to remove existing emblem, use dental floss.
First, frame the existing emblem by applying painters tape above, below, and both front and back to keep the exact placement! Floss underneath emblem in a back and forth 'sawing motion.' Clean off remaining residue/adhesive with "Goo Gone" or other clear-coat/paint friendly product.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's easy. Have you already removed the chrome badges? Use of a heat gun isn't necessary BUT, it enhances the adhesiveness of the tape so it is recommended. Heat the surface and lightly warm the emblem and then immediately apply, press and hold and then once it cools.

I bought the trunk badge in black likely from the same seller as you on ebay but haven't put it on yet. Debating on a color change on the car so I'm going to wait to see what I decide, but it is part of my chrome delete project. Just need the pillar emblems, side grill tri-vents (carbon fiber replacements are being shipped now) and swap out the trunk badge and all the chrome on the car will be deleted.

What color is your car? Make sure you post pics once done!
When you remove the chrome emblems I assume you slightly heat and use a string to remove, clean and polish surface and apply? Thanks for you help! I have a white GTMC. I am thinking of chrome delete in the rear on the trunk as well and possibly wrapping the top in black.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
When you remove the chrome emblems I assume you slightly heat and use a string to remove, clean and polish surface and apply? Thanks for you help! I have a white GTMC. I am thinking of chrome delete in the rear on the trunk as well and possibly wrapping the top in black.
Yep, Timado is bang on with tips for removal. Use floss or fishing wire after you've heated the old emblem. I assumed you'd already removed it so my advice was for application of the new one.

In either case black out on a white car is always sexy and pops more than any other color. Beautiful car and spec. Love the MC vented hoods. I want one so bad but they are unbelievably expensive.

Reactions: timado404

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you - really appreciate it. please post pics when you are done with yours.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yep, Timado is bang on with tips for removal. Use floss or fishing wire after you've heated the old emblem. I assumed you'd already removed it so my advice was for application of the new one.

In either case black out on a white car is always sexy and pops more than any other color. Beautiful car and spec. Love the MC vented hoods. I want one so bad but they are unbelievably expensive.
Yeah they are!!! I had a link for the vented hood @ 5k and you still had to get it painted and fitted, and $7,500 for the carbon fiber one. Link doesn't work any more for some reason :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they are!!! I had a link for the vented hood @ 5k and you still had to get it painted and fitted, and $7,500 for the carbon fiber one. Link doesn't work any more for some reason :confused:
Wow! that's crazy expensive.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I saw those. There's other versions that have the center intake but the 2 vents aft on each side (which I'm not reeeeeally diggin'). But MUCH cheaper. The struggle is real 😩

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I saw those. There's other versions that have the center intake but the 2 vents aft on each side (which I'm not reeeeeally diggin'). But MUCH cheaper. The struggle is real 😩
I know right, LOL

·
Registered
2015 MC Centennial
21 Posts
I ended up liking the sides naked when I removed and left the side emblems off, did the black trident up front
masmc.jpg
maserside.png

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you mean to remove existing emblem, use dental floss.
First, frame the existing emblem by applying painters tape above, below, and both front and back to keep the exact placement! Floss underneath emblem in a back and forth 'sawing motion.' Clean off remaining residue/adhesive with "Goo Gone" or other clear-coat/paint friendly product.
Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts