Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to try this but I can't tell if it on there with adhesive or if it is bolted on with holes in the body. Has anyone done this? I don't like the way it looks with the vintage package.

Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
totally agree - I have the vintage package too. The V8 plastic chrome emblem clashes. This was going to be my weekend project - but I ended up driving the car to a mountain lake to get out of the heat.

Eurospares doesn't show any screws (like it does for the fender Vintage chrome cutout). thus I assume it is on by adhesive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine will be gone by the end of the evening

I will post some pics tomorrow.
The V8 badge is a mystery to me as to why it is even there. It looks like it came off a 1980's Mustang.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already done

I didi this on my Boxster S as well. It looks much better. It was too dark to take pics but I will take some in the morning and post them.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I debadge my BMWs also - cars and bikes. Thank goodness Kali dealers don't stick a dealer's badge on like the do in some states. I probably go postal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I debadge my BMWs also - cars and bikes. Thank goodness Kali dealers don't stick a dealer's badge on like the do in some states. I probably go postal.
That's a real hot button issue for me too. :mad: If they want me to drive around advertising their damn business they should bloody well pay me to do so.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was not the dealer badge.

It was the "V8" badge on the front quarter that I removed.

I have walked away from buying a car because the dealer insisted on sticking their name on the back of a car. It is bad enought that the try to railroad you into giving them "all 10's" on the satisfaction surveys, but to deface the vehicle with a crappy ad is just not necessary.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I will post some pics tomorrow.
The V8 badge is a mystery to me as to why it is even there.
I gave the car a full wash and wax this weekend. I was pondering the same question myself when I removed the "V8" emblems.

One possible reason is that the last time Maserati was in the USA was as a bi-turbo V6. Evidently Marketing wanted everyone to know - who remembered or cared - that the re-introduction of the brand did not carry the stigma of the "old" engine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
In Europe, a V8 is a big deal - most cars are I4's!

They should have left the V8 badge off, and applied a "400hp" badge instead. Although maybe that wouldn't have worked so well either??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally took a pic

I don't mind the v8 badge but with the vintage package, it is just out of place. Here it is before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
You're right, the V8 badge did look out of place. Mine has a "Gransport" badge and no cool vent-thingie, so the V8 badge is not so far out of place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts