Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever use EBC Yellow stuff "R" or Red stuff or Hawk HP+ ? I want to buy the performance brake pad. I plan to go to track sometimes soon. I have heard that the old EBC is not so good but now they come out with the new material. I want opinion on the new Yellow Stuff "R" and also new Red stuff (ceramic compound). Also if possible the Hawk HP+ also. I searched and found that EBC have Red Stuff for Coupe/Spider/3200GT but not sure about hawk HP+.
By the way, does anyone know who make our OEM brake pads and how much is the dealer price?
Thanks,
pganmol

·
Registered
202 Posts
pganmol said:
Has any one ever use EBC Yellow stuff "R" or Red stuff or Hawk HP+ ?

i have used hawk on my race car and it is GREAT. for street i recommend Hawk HPS, i have also read that the EBC is really crappy, but i must say that i just have not used them.

i love Axxis Ultimate on my BMW's but i need to check if they make any for the Maserati coupe.

the Ferodo DS2500 is a great club sport racer pad and i am sure that they make one for the coupe, and if you are really serious about the track then get the Ferodo DS3000, Pagid RS-14 (Black) or Hawk HT-10 (or 14)Race.

performance friction also makes a good pad (like the PFC 97 Race) but ones more you need to see if they have one for the coupe.

i hope this doesnt cause more confusion, but at least now you know the good pads and the correct applications.

- willie

·
Registered
339 Posts
willie said:
i have used hawk on my race car and it is GREAT. for street i recommend Hawk HPS, i have also read that the EBC is really crappy, but i must say that i just have not used them.

i love Axxis Ultimate on my BMW's but i need to check if they make any for the Maserati coupe.

- willie
Funny you say this, with the Brembo Big brake kit on my old e39 540, the preferred brake set-up (I work in the industry and friends most of the performance shops) was Hawk HPS in the front and AXXIS Ultimate in the rear. Found this to be consistent brake feel at all speeds, no fading while a-xing and didn't eat away at the rotors...the brake dust, that was another story though!

·
Banned
71 Posts
PGanm,ol:

Several other Lotus friends have used the EBC Yellow on their Esprits and hated them. They were surprisngly supplied by our go-to place for parts too.

I'm very partial to CarboTech (www.Carbotecheng.com) brake pads on the Esprit. I use their Panther XP Plus pad on my Esprit. It's a track (pseudo street) pad because I'm too lazy to swap back and forth from a track to street pad. They also offer a nice street pad, the Bobcat.

Feff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts