Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, I've been advised that the tx valve, 375530166, on my 3200 is on the fritz - where i am located it is difficult to locate parts at the best of times. And the Maserati dealer rolls his eyes at supplying older parts. But happy to sell a new car.

Does anyone know of the Alfa OR Fiat equivalent in part number for this valve ?

Any advice or assistance is greatfully accepted. We've got to keep the oldies on the road.

Cheers.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I saw your post over on sportsmaserati.com is getting some traction. To add to this, Lambertius did a fairly detailed thread on this a couple of months back. In it he lists compatible TXV valves.

I have no idea where he came to the conclusion they are compatible, however, I have found most of his posts to be somewhere between well and excessively researched .

·
Registered
528 Posts
Forget the dealers, use Eurospares. Parts come by courier in a few days. You own a Maserati, if you want cheap replacements then good luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You own a Maserati, if you want cheap replacements then good luck.
This is a rather dismissive statement when the OP is looking for a cross reference part that is the same as factory (and fairly universal), but termed under a different part name. Yes, we all own Maserati's. It does not mean we should not be conscious of the cost of parts for these cars. Reserving yourself to the logic that you should pay unobtanium prices for every dodad that needs replacement on these is the reason you see so many for sale in poor condition and cheap - ultimately diminishing the appeal of both the model and the mark.

Agreed that there are some parts where expensive replacement is unavoidable. That does not necessarily need to translate into every part for the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tony, I guess you're really really rich. But for me the difference between $1000 & $300 & $85 is monies I can put elsewhere into these great cars.

So I'll be looking at constructive commentary and if what I find helps others I'll post that too.

Thankyou to others for your advice. I'm on the hunt.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sanmiam, great suggestion ! Thankyou.

Much reading to be done and I'll let others know.

Thankyou again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, anything relating to the Coupe/GS's HVAC system is most likely from the Alfa Romeo 166. The TX valve is one of those parts.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I saw your post over on sportsmaserati.com is getting some traction. To add to this, Lambertius did a fairly detailed thread on this a couple of months back. In it he lists compatible TXV valves.

I have no idea where he came to the conclusion they are compatible, however, I have found most of his posts to be somewhere between well and excessively researched .

As a general rule of thumb, anything relating to the Coupe/GS's HVAC system is most likely from the Alfa Romeo 166. The TX valve is one of those parts.
IIRC the parts were shared with the 166. The way I found the alternative parts was to pull out the original TX valve, look up the manufacturer part number (remember most car companies buy from suppliers rather than make everything in house), and then provided that to a few different part places and found out what the most common car is that it fits. After that, I asked for alternative parts for that car. I think it was used in some common Renault so that was how I chased down the alternative part numbers.

The problem with Maserati/Ferrari/Lamborghini is that most parts suppliers don't have lists of alternative parts because the cars are uncommon, so you need to find out what common cars share the part, and then you go looking for parts for the common car. I know the solenoids are used in a bunch of normal cars (not just Alfa) for example, I just have to bother chasing down the equivalent part numbers.

Hi Tony, I guess you're really really rich. But for me the difference between $1000 & $300 & $85 is monies I can put elsewhere into these great cars.

So I'll be looking at constructive commentary and if what I find helps others I'll post that too.

Thankyou to others for your advice. I'm on the hunt.

Cheers.
You can definitely do things cheaper, but you need to be patient and have the time to search for parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts