Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be more specific, Merry Christmas!

My name is Peter and I currently reside in San Jose, CA. I am a young business professional in the life insurance industry and I am currently looking to purchase a used 2007 quattroporte Sport GT. What I have set aside as my budget is 45,000 and so this puts me out of the range for a CPO QPort. I recently found a craigslist ad for one with duoselect for 42,888 (including tax licensing 47,888) and here is the link:

2007 MASERATI QUATTROPORTE SPORT GT *1 OWNER*CLEAN*CUSTOM INTERIOR*

When I visited the car it was in an automobile shop (rosselli's in San Jose, a highly ranked exotic car shop) and the mechanic who owned the shop said the only problems were the fuse was blown so the navigation, electric instrument panel were not working, and the rear tires were bald. Also the front passenger door was not able to be opened from the inside. He said that the owner was paying to repair everything.

What are some tips you would recommend me doing before buying this car? Should I even buy it? Anything would help me.

I look forward to becoming a member who can advise and converse with others based on experience, not just online research.

Cheers!

Peter from San Jose

·
Registered
177 Posts
Run away! Bald tires indicate that a previous owner didn't drive / maintain the car with the care that it deserves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts