Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve a 2002 Spyder. I’m trying to retain existing equipment but struggling with its age. I wanted to hook in my android Samsung currently S7 for calls hands free, Navi is ok via the phone, then Spotify from the phone. I have the cd in the boot not doing too much but there. I looked at Parrot as hands free option but with Ok Google via the phone not sure Mr Parrot adds much. So I wondered about a Bluetooth speaker to boost sound and manage the calls but can’t find one that is 12 volt so less sure about putting a battery speaker to rattle about. Has anyone done a similar patch to enable better sound and phone use without digging out existing equipment. Thanks and answers on a postcard! Newboy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a $30 Bluetooth RF piece that pugs into the cigarette lighter. It has a second USB for charging the phone at the same time. I use a phone holder that slides into the old cd spot and keeps the phone at the perfect angle for maps, song selection etc. in and out for $50.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep thanks. I am currently using rf but been looking at alternatives. I’ve bought a Bluetooth adapter from the USA only to discover the CD was a no go so can’t drive the Bluetooth. Looking for thoughts on that as separate issue as currently getting in deeper than had anticipated. They say things get worse first... let’s hope!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts