Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realized a few weeks ago that my GT's right muffler is making a rattling sound at idle. Sounds like the metal is rattling, but it's not too loud. Left one is fine, just the right one has a problem. Anyone know what this is?

Maserai Service Center in Korea is really clueless (in general). They sent the report to Italy to get an assessment. Said it will likely takes 2 months to get a reply. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Realized a few weeks ago that my GT's right muffler is making a rattling sound at idle. Sounds like the metal is rattling, but it's not too loud. Left one is fine, just the right one has a problem. Anyone know what this is?
This is time to get a Tubi :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Its most likely one of the many sections fo the exhaust system which is not tightened properly or on the right length. Had a similar prob on my Quattroporte. Just look under the car and make sure all the connections are the same length and tightened. Mine would only rattle at high temps as these exhuast systems expand a lot as they get hot.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Maserai Service Center in Korea is really clueless (in general). They sent the report to Italy to get an assessment. Said it will likely takes 2 months to get a reply. Ridiculous.
i guess the horrendous servicing issues is not specific to where i live...even in korea? 2 months to get a reply ... beyond ridiculous! maybe they don't understand the purpose of email?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem with these guys is that they only started less than a year ago, in addition to the language issue. haven't seen their emails, but i'm sure they aren't properly communicated to italy, hence the guys in italy either ignore it or put it on the back shelf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts