Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just want to know what you all think about this, as I am stuck in a bit of a situation...

In a few weeks, I am going to be at an internet marketing seminar, I have been invited as a VIP... This means that I will be stood up in front of around 1000 people, blah blah... Most of them already know about me to an extent, so they won't be shocked etc.

Since the seminar is in LA, which is near me, I will drive to it... This brings me to my problem... In every niche, there are the people who succeed, the people who sort of succeed, and the people who dont succeed.

The attendees will no doubt SEE the maserati... but will it come off as to ostentacious?

It is a bit weird to "flaunt" (on purpose or otherwise) your success to people who may be having a hard time. I dont want to rouse up feelings of me being a pretensious prick, so what do you think? Is a maserati too "expensive" to the general public?

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
It is a bit weird to "flaunt" (on purpose or otherwise) your success to people who may be having a hard time. I dont want to rouse up feelings of me being a pretensious prick,

Ooops, too late . . .

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol oh no,

It isnt one of those junk mail/infomercial seminars lol.

This is a pretty hardcore seminar, a "real" one.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
;) back at you

kbrookings said:
It is a bit weird to "flaunt" (on purpose or otherwise) your success to people who may be having a hard time. I dont want to rouse up feelings of me being a pretensious prick,

Ooops, too late . . .
Sorry, I was too busy lighting a cigar with a wad of hundred dollar bills...

What did you say again?

Ill ask my butler, Winston, what you said.

*snap*

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I can relate to the question. My situation is a little different. I'm 50 and a principal with the company for 15 years. I'm getting to the point where people expect me to be successful.

Anyway, I am a pretensious prick so who cares :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dsd,

There is a difference between being tastefully successful, and being obnoxiously successful.

I dont want to come off as being a douche...

·
Registered
513 Posts
on a serious note....

there was a news story about 2 weeks ago in regards to the types of vehicles CEOs of major corporations drive to work. lots of very bland average vehicles. in the 10k-30k range.

i guess you can capture more attention to your actual speach if you rolled up in a rented Ford than a louder Maserati.

just my 2cents

·
Registered
824 Posts
I drove my car to our yearly executive offsite, with about 150 execs, chairman of the board etc. I didn't really care what anyone thought, but then the valet said "sir, we're not going to move your car anywhere, we'll just leave it right under the entry awning here for whenever you need it".

Now I thought that was a little much, but hey, he suggested it. :)

Our next one is in Pasadena, I am thinking that could be a good road trip from Seattle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get over it!!
You are driving a car that has a sub-$100k value. More MB's, Porches, etc... in that bracket than you can count. It isn't like a Veyron, or even a F430 or Murci.
We all love our cars, and I honestly believe we are getting amazing bang for the buck for our money, but they are hardly ostentatious. In fact, one of my few minor complaints about the Maser is that it isn't particularly exotic looking.
But, hey, if it nags at you, go rent a hybrid to drive to the lecture.....
Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts
MikeA said:
Get over it!!
You are driving a car that has a sub-$100k value. More MB's, Porches, etc... in that bracket than you can count. It isn't like a Veyron, or even a F430 or Murci.
We all love our cars, and I honestly believe we are getting amazing bang for the buck for our money, but they are hardly ostentatious. In fact, one of my few minor complaints about the Maser is that it isn't particularly exotic looking.
But, hey, if it nags at you, go rent a hybrid to drive to the lecture.....
Mike
I agree totally. In LA/OC, there are so many cars as or more expensive than the Maser I don't think it's a big deal. The Maser is rarer and I do get people asking to take photos/comments of "nice car" & "please rev that"/valet parking out front, but I don't think it's showy like say a F430 or Gallardo would be.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
going thru a few threads:
MaseratiBoy said:
...I have yet to drive my 03, but from what I have read and heard, they are pretty solid and fun ;)...
MaseratiBoy said:
A black on tan 2003 Maserati Coupe to be exact :)
i agree with the above comments.
just cannot see how a 03 black/tan coupe in 90210 can be ostentatious.

·
Registered
773 Posts
show off, not really

every one else just purchased the wrong car. all my customers and employees and contractors complain when they see a maserati at my company. you know, too damn bad. i wanted and i worked and i paid for the thing with good business practice. go foward

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is there a red carpet? why is everyone going to know what you drive? Who do you think you are, Tony Robbins? Who cares what anyone thinks.

It is only a Maserati though, if you really want to make an impression you should roll up with a driver who opens your door and you can step out of a ford fusion or something. everyone will think "wow this guy has style".

That will really get the Paparazzi all fired up.

:)
Robb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts