Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how often do we need to change the F1 oil or do we ever?? I have about 30k on my spyder everything is just fine just wondering id we need to do that and if its a big project.

Also I was driving in traffic the other night horrible stop and go traffic I hated it and all of a sudden the f1 gearbox light came on then after like 3 min it went away has this happened to anyone before it never came back on again is it something that occurs at certain times..

Thanks Guys
Tommy

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't want to sound pessimistic...but

I don't think we need to worry about changing out our F1 fluids, since the clutch or pump will go out before any replacement fluid is needed

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
So how often do we need to change the F1 oil or do we ever?? I have about 30k on my spyder everything is just fine just wondering id we need to do that and if its a big project.

Also I was driving in traffic the other night horrible stop and go traffic I hated it and all of a sudden the f1 gearbox light came on then after like 3 min it went away has this happened to anyone before it never came back on again is it something that occurs at certain times..

Thanks Guys
Tommy
30K? Original clutch? Warning lights?

Might wanna start putting a few bucks away for that clutch job soon...just in case.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
clutch over-heating....

will cause the light to come on and stop and go traffic will cause the clutch to overheat..

·
Registered
211 Posts
warrenty cover the clutch and pump?

Guys I have a question. I still have one year left on my warrenty, and was wondering if the wearing of the clutch is coverd by it? I plan to extend that warrenty with my local dealer. Have any of you used your warrenty to replace the clutch and or the pump?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Moose - unfortunately, your warranty won't cover the clutch or components

·
Registered
211 Posts
Moose - unfortunately, your warranty won't cover the clutch or components
thanks for the info Vince... guess the clutch is not part of the powerterain? the big question is, exactly what does the warrenty cover? :D

Kind of a shame, knowing the car has these problems and maser won't cover them :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an 05 QP with about 24,000 miles. Clutch was replaced under warranty by the dealer for the prior owner. I just took the car in for service yesterday (even though the prior owner said he had his "personal" mechanic change fluids at about 20000 miles), since I want the dealer to validate everything and there were a few warranty issues too. One thing that has been a minor annoyance to me is that the clutch tends to be very clunky/jerky at low speeds, and I mentioned this when dropping off the car. The service writer called me today to let me know that the car needs a clutch point kiss adjustment (I assume that this is where the clutch engages) and that the F1 fluid should be changed, as it appeared to be "very dirty" according to him. When I asked if these would be covered under warranty, as the clutch was recently replaced under warranty, he said no. Curious if anyone has had a similar issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have an 05 QP with about 24,000 miles. Clutch was replaced under warranty by the dealer for the prior owner. I just took the car in for service yesterday (even though the prior owner said he had his "personal" mechanic change fluids at about 20000 miles), since I want the dealer to validate everything and there were a few warranty issues too. One thing that has been a minor annoyance to me is that the clutch tends to be very clunky/jerky at low speeds, and I mentioned this when dropping off the car. The service writer called me today to let me know that the car needs a clutch point kiss adjustment (I assume that this is where the clutch engages) and that the F1 fluid should be changed, as it appeared to be "very dirty" according to him. When I asked if these would be covered under warranty, as the clutch was recently replaced under warranty, he said no. Curious if anyone has had a similar issue.
Convienient that the F1 fluid should be changed! I mean sounds to me some of these dealers are desperate for business, which makes sense because there are not that many masers at anyone dealer point I imagine. I say the fair thing to do would be to adjust the clutch under the warrenty, since it was done for the previous owner, and charge you for the F1 fluid + labor.. Alternatively, apparently FD has all the fluids yoru car needs, suggest maybe buying through them and have the dealer do the trick. That way you are only paying for labor and not parts, thus getting the dealer to "validation" check box completed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Moose:

The clutch is a wear and tear item... They dont replace those...

If your F1 pump fails, they WILL replace it.
cool! good to know the pump will be replaced. Based on every thing I've read about the clutch, seems very weak. People have been saying 20-22k miles tops on its use.. means that it has to be replaced at least twice by the time the car hits 50k miles! guess i should order a spare now :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys soo I was driving one day I get pulled over so when I came to the side I scraped the floor whatever just didn't wanna be avoiding the cop so I come to find out that the scraping caused the f1 pump to puncture and it started a leak after 6 days the light was on and the clutch was done with took it in it was under warranty they fully replaced it so no worries there.17062784

·
Registered
695 Posts
Obviously, with regard to clutch warranty, every situation is different.

A lot of the early DS QPs (and Coupe/Spyder CC) were driven in "AUTO" only and consequently clutches were burned up in under 10K miles. Maserati NA goodwilled the FIRST replacements.

Do they still? I don't know.

In tommyla case, the F1 pump caused the clutch damage thus it was warranted. (You were fortunate that Maserati/Dealer didn't push road damage as the cause of the F1 pump leaking)

I have generally found that MaseratiNA and the Dealer have been quite liberal (supportive) in allowing items to be warranted. Which is a good thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts