Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched my Vin, to see what options it came with, transmission etc, for mc shift. Anyway all the sites state 4.2L, shows backup cam, lots of stuff I don't see. Bigger question is if this is m139 as shown by Vin or m145. Car has red valve covers, granturismoS on driver side dash, and sticker under hood says 4.7. None of which would be impossible to swap. Last service records I seen says ?4.2. Would like to know if I'm m139, or 145 for scanners and parts, and what other options I have. Pain finding correct parts when nothing lines up with registered info. Vin is XAMKL45AX90048090

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Pre-2018 Granturismos were never offered with backup camera unless it's a dealer-installed aftermarket unit.

Very strange your VIN says 4.2. Did you check Carfax? Maybe it was a rebuild? Is your car a 2009? Only 2009s were offered with MC-Shift in the US.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what site are you searching on ?
NHTSA .gov site
Jason affirmed the m145 as gts, m139 as qt part. Im just at awe with Foreign Exchange that works on Ferraris listing on a service order ?4.2L and they did oil change. 3 things point directly to 4.7L on car, on VIN, and questionable work orders show 4.2. Just odd, someone would have to spend some time to paint those valve covers red, doubt anyone would take original stickers under hood and swap that out just to fake 4.7L when that would only lead to questionable service failure future tense. Ive looked on 3 different sites, all list as 4.2L as well. Dont expect vin issues on a car rated to this level. Service place has multiple work orders, showing ?4.2, then one that says 4.7L. Sorry for questions on this, just never had a car and service records that don't state values correctly. Trying to do due diligence before continuing with this vehicle. Thanks for the patience and any help.
Newer question as I believe it to be 4.7L is I see 2 models listed in 09, gran turismo s, and gran turismo s automatic. This has an automatic shifter, paddles on wheel, why would this not be the automatic one? The redline on automatic from my research states 7200 rpm, and the gran turismo s, shows a value of 7500 for redline, these are the only indicators I have to pinpoint the model directly. The base model gran turismo, smaller engine, shows value of 7250 for redline rpm. Thus 4 indicators this is not the 4.2L. Still conflicting on this being automatic, and rpm not corresponding to research. Im aware google has a lot of questionable information, Im posting what Im finding, feel free to clarify my laymans knowledge in this.

·
Registered
Quattroporte Sport GTS 2012
70 Posts
All Granturismo’s are M145, any S is a 4.7. All 4.7 have red cam covers, pre 2008 the 4.2 had red covers. 2008 onwards the 4.2 has blue cam covers. That car has had the air intake hose replaced with a red one, that is not a standard part as far as I know, so that indicates some work was done on the car. What year is the car?

7,080 Posts
There is an engine code on bottom left side of the engine...F136 and then two letters..You can use that to determine 4.2 or 4.7..Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've searched my Vin, to see what options it came with, transmission etc, for mc shift. Anyway all the sites state 4.2L, shows backup cam, lots of stuff I don't see. Bigger question is if this is m139 as shown by Vin or m145. Car has red valve covers, granturismoS on driver side dash, and sticker under hood says 4.7. None of which would be impossible to swap. Last service records I seen says ?4.2. Would like to know if I'm m139, or 145 for scanners and parts, and what other options I have. Pain finding correct parts when nothing lines up with registered info. Vin is XAMKL45AX90048090
Vin is XAMKL45AX90048090. The 45 in the vin indicates this is a 145 model.
2009 Grand Turismo, 4700cc, Automatic, engine number 000148012
I just tried a Vin breakdown thru Manheim. My log in is expired. Your sticker looks highly suspect. I would go to your local Dealer to have it verified. I have a 2009 Quattroporte S with the 4.7. Red should be correct for the 4.7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts