Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined this forum about 3 months ago after picking up my 2015 GTS. Never got around to posting pics. Recently spent an awesome weekend in Carmel, CA. So thought I would share some overdue shots I took plus a couple of interior shots with my AuCar installed. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great!!

What aftermarket system does it have for the infotainment? Just picked up a 2014 GT/CS and am thinking of getting mine out of the early 1990’s with a more current system!

Cheers,
Scott.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great!!

What aftermarket system does it have for the infotainment? Just picked up a 2014 GT/CS and am thinking of getting mine out of the early 1990’s with a more current system!

Cheers,
Scott.
Thanks Scott. I have the AuCar 2.1 head unit. There are plenty of folks on the forum who are using this same system which is specifically designed to replace the GT system. It really transforms what is a sub-par Bose system with outdated tech into a truly amazing system even using stock speakers and amps. Not perfect to be sure, but way better and well worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Scott. I have the AuCar 2.1 head unit. There are plenty of folks on the forum who are using this same system which is specifically designed to replace the GT system. It really transforms what is a sub-par Bose system with outdated tech into a truly amazing system even using stock speakers and amps. Not perfect to be sure, but way better and well worth the money IMO.
Very nice… did you buy it through the CaymanSpyder (Robin) gent on here? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Very nice… did you buy it through the CaymanSpyder (Robin) gent on here? Thanks!
Yes, Robin is the guy you're looking for. The touch screen climate control too, if interested. (About $800)
Piano Black pictured. Also available in Flat Black and Carbon Fiber.
20200815_180128.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great looking GT, I have a 2017 GT. Who installed your audio and if you don't mind can you message me the cost. I'm interested. It would be nice to meet a few other Granturismo owners. Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree Robin is definitely the guy to reach out to. I ended up buying mine direct from aucarauto.com as I only learned about Robin and his connection to Aucar after I already ordered and started looking up videos on how to install.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great looking GT, I have a 2017 GT. Who installed your audio and if you don't mind can you message me the cost. I'm interested. It would be nice to meet a few other Granturismo owners. Thank you.
Thanks for the compliment. I did the install myself along with some help from my brother. I was able to find everything I needed to know by watching YT videos from CaymanSpyder (aka Robin). It is not something I would recommend to take on for anyone who hasn't had experience doing car audio installs in the past. But if you do have some experience as I have, then as long as you watch all the videos out there, it was actually pretty straightforward. Took about 5 or so hours including running backup camera and troubleshooting why my steering wheel buttons initially weren't working. But well worth the effort and definitely a massive improvement.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The Aucar head unit utilizes DSP, Digital Sound Processor. Giving your sound a more accurate signal, which just makes it sound better. It really wakes up the Bose system in these cars. The Aucar unit install is 100% plug and play.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts