Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering about changing exhaust in my 08 granturismo.
And I saw previous answer about GTS exhaust.
What is GTS exhaust?
I can't find it in internet...
Can anybody give me imformation about it?

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Deborchery

Hey man,just this week I received the Larini Exhaust and Crossover pipe package. Fitted the two exhausts first. So very easy to do. Put the car up on ramps,unbolted and fitted new pods. Fair dinkum, the difference over the stock pods is nothing short of absobloodylutely amazing. Driving the car around town it feels as if you are in sport mode,throttle response everything is sharpened up immensly.And the sound is awesome. You get enough looks for the car itself,but now when they can hear you coming wow,it just blows them away. In auto there is a little drone but just flip down and that fixes it. Out on the highway, no drone at all. I will fit the crossover pipe later,however I fear that it will be even more betterer. Have only had my 09 Granturismo 1 month and it is such a complete package. Just fantastic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds great.

I have an 08 GT and am considering a new exhaust too.

I have been told that the GTS cross pipe is different to the GT and that alone can make a huge difference. Can anyone here explain?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The exhaust from the GT-S will bolt right on to the GT but the flaps will not work, meaning its permanently on 'loud' mode. Lovely noise though, with pops and crackles :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys,

Yes I retrofitted the GTS exhaust on my GT and it is pure heaven....the sound is absolutely awesome....and the GTS exhaust videos that you see on Youtube do not do justice for the actual sound you hear behind the wheel...you can still hold a conversation inside the cabin with the windows up and it is still very loud on the outside, your neighbours and wife will know you are coming home the moment you are turning the block into your lane....which may be a good thing or bad thing depending on where exactly you are planning to go to...hahaaha

·
Registered
97 Posts
GTS Exhaust "perfection"

I have an 09 GTS.
The exhaust is absolute perfection.
I cannot imagine a better exhaust.
Not too loud, not too obnoxious. It's actually sweet sounding. Even for people who don't like anything other than a standard conservative exhaust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have an 09 GTS.
The exhaust is absolute perfection.
I cannot imagine a better exhaust.
Not too loud, not too obnoxious. It's actually sweet sounding. Even for people who don't like anything other than a standard conservative exhaust.
Agreed. And, it's stock!

I've heard too many after-market exhausts that sound awful and completely phony. Loud, woofy, bassy, droning - no attack, bloom, decay and burbling trail on the note - no curve to match the RPM's save for volume.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Do the flaps not work due to a software issue?
Its a multitude of things. First, the sport button in the regular GT is not set to trigger the flaps, second, there is no vacuum mechanism installed that would be able to control the flaps. Im guessing something could be retro fitted, but it would be a good deal of work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts