Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a GTS tomorrow but have some questions and would like some opinions.

The car I am looking at is Metallic black which I love. Hoever, it has the lighter Neptune color rims and I am not sure if I like those or the darker rims better. Also, it has red interior and I am not sure if I love it because of the sporty look or hate it. It does have black Alcantera seat mids and the piano black trim inside. Sorry that I do not know all of the Italian color lingo...

The dealership has 3 GTSs in stock. How much do you think I can negotiate the price with them from other owners experiences?

All of your knowledge and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
i think the lighter rims look good with black, more of a contrast. 3 in stock!? i knew it was going to get bad, but not this quick, they just started arriving, and supposedly all were customer orders, which means those customers backed out (not surprising given this environment) and now the dealer is stuck with them and there are no buyers. my dealer called to make sure i was still going to take mine when it arrives as they do not want to carry ANY inventory. inventory in this market could be the kiss of death. i would offer $20k under sticker and walk out if they don't take it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think the lighter rims look good with black, more of a contrast. 3 in stock!? i knew it was going to get bad, but not this quick, they just started arriving, and supposedly all were customer orders, which means those customers backed out (not surprising given this environment) and now the dealer is stuck with them and there are no buyers. my dealer called to make sure i was still going to take mine when it arrives as they do not want to carry ANY inventory. inventory in this market could be the kiss of death. i would offer $20k under sticker and walk out if they don't take it.
The area where this dealership is there is alot of money. I think this dealership orders some stock inventory but I am sure not to have 3 of them. Any idea what the markup is on these?

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
349 Posts
2 things, first thats the combo I ordered red leather w/black alcantara, so I'm very happy how it turned out. Second, I honestly think deals can be had, but like you said, you may have to go to a less affluent area. Like my town of Cleveland, OH. We have 3 in stock too and trust me, those cars will be sitting out in the snow all winter. If you haven't looked at some of the other threads on this board, there are some dealerships with a lot of inventory 20 plus Maseratis. There was one dealership that had $50k off 2008 Quattroporte, $35k is normal on 2008 Quattroporte GTS. This is pre negotiation, this is what the dealer is offering already on their websites. GranTurismo models hold there value a little better, but in these times nothing is sacred. I honestly think $15k off or more is realistic, if you wait till spring, that might turn into $30k off or more. Its all down to patience and how important having it now is to you. I don't beleive any of the BS the dealers are telling you about how people are lined up to get this car. Right now very few are buying, especially in smaller markets like mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 things, first thats the combo I ordered red leather w/black alcantara, so I'm very happy how it turned out. Second, I honestly think deals can be had, but like you said, you may have to go to a less affluent area. Like my town of Cleveland, OH. We have 3 in stock too and trust me, those cars will be sitting out in the snow all winter. If you haven't looked at some of the other threads on this board, there are some dealerships with a lot of inventory 20 plus Maseratis. There was one dealership that had $50k off 2008 Quattroporte, $35k is normal on 2008 Quattroporte GTS. This is pre negotiation, this is what the dealer is offering already on their websites. GranTurismo models hold there value a little better, but in these times nothing is sacred. I honestly think $15k off or more is realistic, if you wait till spring, that might turn into $30k off or more. Its all down to patience and how important having it now is to you. I don't beleive any of the BS the dealers are telling you about how people are lined up to get this car. Right now very few are buying, especially in smaller markets like mine.
Thanks you for the info. Do you have an dealer site links offering these deals? I would love to go in armed with some good ammo.

What outside color and rims did you get?

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks you for the info. Do you have an dealer site links offering these deals? I would love to go in armed with some good ammo.

What outside color and rims did you get?

Thanks, Mitch
I went with the grey rims, I thought that made it look more aggressive than the silver ones. Exterior wise, the gloss black, not metallic.

As far as a list, honestly you just have to search everyone. Here is my dealer for example, as you can see he's offering fairly big cuts without you even opening up your mouth. I also know that he's feeling heat to move some cars soon.

http://www.maseratiofcleveland.com/Generic.aspx?PAGE=INV_Maserati_Full&portalName=Maserati+Cleveland

I would also suggest checking this link ranking the dealerships by sales #'s. Check the websites of the ones with the most inventory and the lowest sales (the most desparate).

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5745

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the info folks. I bought the black metallic S with the red and black interior and thanks to reading this board, I saved 8k off the sticker.

I will post pics beyond the 2 above.

Thanks, Mitch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.