Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 GT Sport and I've just been told that the passenger inner tie rod needs replacing. Of course Maserati only sells the entire steering rack assembly.

I was able to find the part on Scuderia https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/272316/maserati/267186/steering-rack.html and here is the complete schematic for the steering section https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part-finder/maserati/granturismo/oe/72/3716/65626

I have tried several sources now and I just cannot find a replacement inner tie rod and I really don't want to buy an entire steering rack assembly for this one small part.

Anybody have any good ideas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought I watched a video recently where someone bought a wrecked GT and fixed it up.. if I recall correctly, they had to buy the whole thing because it's one piece? I could be wrong.. here is the link.. right away in the video he addresses it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG.. the least painful part of all of this is only watching 23 seconds of the video before I find out that I am toast! So it seems that Maserati have a compression fitting on the steering rack to the inner tie rod. This is going to be a very unpleasant repair! Thanks for the great link jarhead even though the news is not so good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah.. sorry man.. luckily I've been following this series just to see how it turns out. Just watched that update a few days ago. :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also, may be worth watching the bit where they replace as they had to re-use part of the existing one.. can't recall why without re-watching.

3,112 Posts
OMG.. the least painful part of all of this is only watching 23 seconds of the video before I find out that I am toast! So it seems that Maserati have a compression fitting on the steering rack to the inner tie rod. This is going to be a very unpleasant repair! Thanks for the great link jarhead even though the news is not so good.
That isn't a compression fitting..That is the inner tie rod....That ball socket wears out and gets slop in it...It actaully screws on to the rack.....Some manufactures don't sell rack components...Best bet is try find one on off another makes that is compatible....Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts