Maserati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I figured out the amplified speaker output layout and the head unit low audio output locations. Only problem is I'm stuck with not knowing which is negative and positive low output from the head unit. Any help would be great .

92812183_243479006711959_7071677121881440256_n.jpg

+YELLOW YELLOW/BLACK - FRONT LEFT

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Based on other threads Red should be 12v+ and Black Negative, Can you check with a multimeter?
Finding the Battery 12v and Black Negative is not a problem.

The picture above showing THE HEAD UNIT LOW AUDIO OUTPUT wires not sure which is audio positive or audio negative.

LEFT FRONT ...BROWN BROWN/BLACK
RIGHT FRONT..PURPLE PURPLE/BLACK
LEFT REAR......GREY GREY/BLACK
RIGHT REAR....GREEN GREEN/BLACK

·
Registered
69 Posts
With bose there might not be a sub out, but it draws from speaker outs to send signal to se woofer.

Regarding positive/negative i would assume the wires with black are negative. But you can probably see at the speaker itself. I think the negative has a smaller connector to the speaker.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Finding the Battery 12v and Black Negative is not a problem.

The picture above showing THE HEAD UNIT LOW AUDIO OUTPUT wires not sure which is audio positive or audio negative.

LEFT FRONT ...BROWN BROWN/BLACK
RIGHT FRONT..PURPLE PURPLE/BLACK
LEFT REAR......GREY GREY/BLACK
RIGHT REAR....GREEN GREEN/BLACK
Sorry I mis-understood the question. The wires with the black stripe should be your negative.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
@Kawasaki, thanks so much for the update. Can you please share the wiring diagram from head unit to amplifier and from amplifier to speakers including subwoofer.

I assume with what you have done you don't use the other speakers such as the centre speaker on the dashboard, the subwoofer in the passenger floor and speakers on the rear parcel shelf.

Last but most important - how does it sound with the new subwoofer

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The ''WIRING MAP'' from the head unit to the amplifier & from the amplifier to speakers is listed at the top of this page. All solid colors are positive. The sub woofer on the right front passenger side is still hooked up the the factory amplifier,I think I will leave it as it complements the front door speakers with an additional thump. But I will run wiring from the front sub to amp in the trunk as I have the interior dismantled just in case I change my mind during summer and install a beefier sub. I still haven't cracked the code on finding those sub woofer wiring at the amplifier, so I just ran my own.
The sound quality I'm trying to achieve from this system will be studio like. I'm debating at this point on which Digital Signal Processor I should get. I'll keep you guys posted as I progress
95212247_229373811663123_1182090925321486336_n.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks so much. I have the Aucar Android head unit installed, which from a volume perspective, has already improved; however, it seems there is an issue with staging. I am contemplating trying a DSP or DSP amplifier before I replace the speakers to see if it will improve things.

I am also looking to get the best sound quality possible without breaking the bank

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would highly recommend a Digital Signal Processor/DSP and new speakers.
The audio sound quality I've achieved with the DSP is STUDIO like.

95816111_865598220598694_6247648948488503296_n.jpg

21 - 32 of 32 Posts