Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, I upgraded the speakers in the GTS and what a difference in sound quality. I used 2 component HERTZ 6.5'' in the front doors & 2 coaxial Rockford fosgate 6.5'' in the rear side's, running off of the OEM head unit, I'll post some pix later on.

My question is I need direction on which colour wires power the front and rear speakers from the OEM amplifier. I bought a line out converter and an amp to power a new sub woofer and 4 speakers.

90441840_161178918316811_4159148060594667520_n.jpg
90807877_667435910696298_3141518910575083520_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome! I am also about to dive into a similar Project.

Can you share some details on how you removed the door panels?

Also did you have to make custom baffles to mount the new speakers?

What subwoofer did you buy and are you replacing the one in the rear shelf or adding a box to the trunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have now the size and location of the other speakers beside the from door and rear door panel?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do you have now the size and location of the other speakers beside the from door and rear door panel?
1.One8cmTwiddler®(neodymiummedium-highrangespeaker)inthedashboard(Centerfill).
2.Two 3.6 cm neodymium tweeters in the triangles of the mirrors.
3.Two 16.5 cm neodymium medium-high range speakers in the doors.
4.One 13 cm Nd® Richbass® woofer in customised bass reflex box withTSMamplifier in the footwell.
5.Two 16.5 cm neodymium medium-low range speakers in the rear side panels.
6.Two 8cm Twiddler® (neodymium medium-high range speakers)in the rear parcelshelf.
7.One 25.5 cm PowerNd® woofer in the rear parcel shelf.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a link to the work in progress. I need to install the amp for the door speakers to fine tune the vocals and highs. The factory amp does a good job but I know how these speakers are supposed to sound,with crystal clarity.

I dont know about the wiring, but would like to hear how it sound

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! I am also about to dive into a similar Project.

Can you share some details on how you removed the door panels?

Also did you have to make custom baffles to mount the new speakers?

What subwoofer did you buy and are you replacing the one in the rear shelf or adding a box to the trunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was limited on resources due to this covid 19 so I used my wife's 1/4'' plastic like chopping board to to make the spacer rings for the front doors only. I also used Fast foam rings.

Again limited to resources, the perfect 10'' sub was the HERTZ10'' 250 WATTS ESF-255 for the rear shelf. But just my luck it's discontinued . Was looking into the JL 10T W3-4 800 Watts 400 RMS with a depth of 3 1/4'' but I'm not paying $600.00 for a woofer.
I have a box in the trunk from my H2 with 2 JL 12's.
I guess it will have to do until I could move around the city a little more freely to find the perfect woofer for the shelf.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would also recommend removing the water proof fabric on all speaker grills it restricts the sound. I had to remove my door panels twice due to the speaker grill Fabric that muffled the sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Pic of how the speakers sound! (Seeing as how YouTube compresses the file and kills the audio fidelity, a pic will do as good as a video)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pic of how the speakers sound! (Seeing as how YouTube compresses the file and kills the audio fidelity, a pic will do as good as a video)
Maybe try upgrading you PC or cellphone. The picture and sound quality from You Tube is 1080p HD . Playing it from my PC it sounds like a studio totally enjoyable to listen to. But thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Kawasaki - sounds great. Please tell which model Hertz 6.5" component speakers and Rockford Fosgate 6.5" speakers you used

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Guys, I upgraded the speakers in the GTS and what a difference in sound quality. I used 2 component HERTZ 6.5'' in the front doors & 2 coaxial Rockford fosgate 6.5'' in the rear side's, running off of the OEM head unit, I'll post some pix later on.

My question is I need direction on which colour wires power the front and rear speakers from the OEM amplifier. I bought a line out converter and an amp to power a new sub woofer and 4 speakers.
Maybe this thread will help with the wiring. Please let usknow what you figure out on your car.

-Stephen

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would be good to know the depth of the rear panels, to see what can be mounted there. I upgraded my fronts already, just want some extra low end from the rea without a sub ( i know that is hard to do).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe this thread will help with the wiring. Please let usknow what you figure out on your car.

-Stephen
Thanks for the link ;)

I will definitely be posting my progress with pictures to make life easier for the next guy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would be good to know the depth of the rear panels, to see what can be mounted there. I upgraded my fronts already, just want some extra low end from the rea without a sub ( i know that is hard to do).
Assuming it's the rear side panels your talking about the depth is about 6 to 7'' deep. I mounted a 3'' foam dampening ring to absorb the sound waves from the speaker and it was pretty deep, take a look.
I also sprayed rust proofing in the seams as shown in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey @Kawasaki another qustion for you as I'm doing my planning. Are the Front Doors wired for an active setup? i.e. are there separate wires back to the Amp for the tweeters or does it use a "cross-over"?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts