Maserati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
What model was that, Vinny69? Please don't say 2015 or 2016. MASERATI should know by now how weak the plastic ones are.

Does anyone know if Maserati has re-engineered the handles since this started to be such a problem all the way back to 2012? If not, I want some aluminum ones even before mine break, if the 2015's still carry plastic. Put me on your email list, FD.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What model was that, Vinny69? Please don't say 2015 or 2016. MASERATI should know by now how weak the plastic ones are.

Does anyone know if Maserati has re-engineered the handles since this started to be such a problem all the way back to 2012? If not, I want some aluminum ones even before mine break, if the 2015's still carry plastic. Put me on your email list, FD.
My model is 2012 but I highly doubt they've fixed it or my local dealer would have given me the new better ones. Even he says that its a cheap part and they keep a lot of them handy since they break all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Broken lever

Mine broke about two months ago. I rigged a 10 cent fix with two zip strips. Still working today.You need to trim the plastic back a little to get more contact with the metal bar and leave a small lip on the end of the plastic female, so zip strips don't pull off when pulling up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I could be interested in aluminium replacements if you guys are planning them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tried doing the metal 3d printing on my own, tried to get them scanned and all, but that whole deal was being too expensive. So just like someone else mentioned I devised a simpler technique. Just get artistic wire, wrap it around the areas that break and then put some superglue on it to cement it. Works like a charm, doesnt break at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Artistic-Wire-22-Gauge-Non-Tarnish-15-Yards/dp/B004CYFHBC/ref=sr_1_11?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1505236389&sr=1-11&keywords=artistic+wire

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've sold a few sets of the factory ones recently. We can look at a price to have a new version built from Aluminum. Just let us know how many people are seriously interested in stronger versions. The factory ones retail for about $70 / ea, we are able to offer them for less but can absolutely build these for owners if there is interest in quality Aluminum replacements which will not break. In the past we have sold some here or there but not enough to really justify a product but perhaps there are more owners that really would like a better alternative. Please reach out and let us know!

Best Regards,
I’m 100% in, I need 4 for my 2012 GTS

·
Registered
45 Posts
My new to me 2012 GT MC now has 2 broken cheap, plastic "chrome look" levers.
I searched previous threads and found this:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/granturismo/20905-chrome-levers-back-seat.html

however, no resolution.
man, are these things cheap!
any other thoughts other than buy new ones?
thanks
MASERATI GRANCABRIO/GRANTURISMO CARBON FIBER SEAT RELEASE SET (04 PCS)

Seller :
urutu-automotive (2310 )
100% Positive feedback

Saved

|
Contact seller
|
See other items
| Visit store

Condition:
New

Quantity:
More than 10 available / 1 sold

Price:
US $225.00
Buy It Now-

Add to cart-

Best Offer:

Make Offer-

Add to Watchlist

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Not broken ( yet ) and I almost never use those , but I’m certainly in for the group buy of stronger aluminum pieces, especially if prices are competitive with the cost of the OE replacements .

21 - 32 of 32 Posts