Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do Maserati gran turismos have such cruddy resale value and do so terrible at dealer auction?

I frequently see 2013 / 2014 GT S models with under 10k miles for $70-$80k

crazy!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Why do Maserati gran turismos have such cruddy resale value and do so terrible at dealer auction?

I frequently see 2013 / 2014 GT S models with under 10k miles for $70-$80k

crazy!!
I've noticed this as well and it probably has to do w/ the tarnished history of the past. Probably going to take some more time for market to come around and better appreciate the Maserati of today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've noticed this as well and it probably has to do w/ the tarnished history of the past. Probably going to take some more time for market to come around and better appreciate the Maserati of today.
Definitely one of the most under-appreciated exotic. Rumor of reliability issues and mediocre resale value made me wait few years before triggering to lease one a month ago. Now that I have one in the garage, and having driven 2,500 miles, I'm sold on this beauty with incredible exhaust note!

Had 5 carreras, including 2 GT3s, Audi RS5, and two Ferraris; this one is already one of my favorite car to drive; definitely the best daily driver I ever owned.

People should take advantage of mediocre resale value and incredible lease deals to get into Granturismo Sport; it's a bargain in my opinion for what you get. Not the fastest car on the block, but definitely the best sounding, and best looking w/ enough power & speed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely one of the most under-appreciated exotic. Rumor of reliability issues and mediocre resale value made me wait few years before triggering to lease one a month ago. Now that I have one in the garage, and having driven 2,500 miles, I'm sold on this beauty with incredible exhaust note!

Had 5 carreras, including 2 GT3s, Audi RS5, and two Ferraris; this one is already one of my favorite car to drive; definitely the best daily driver I ever owned.

People should take advantage of mediocre resale value and incredible lease deals to get into Granturismo Sport; it's a bargain in my opinion for what you get. Not the fastest car on the block, but definitely the best sounding, and best looking w/ enough power & speed!
Considering a lease as well. Who is your leasing company. My local dealer said they use Ally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think we all have Ally for lease,,,just got my Maserati last sat.....they might have a contract with FIAT or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Considering a lease as well. Who is your leasing company. My local dealer said they use Ally.
Ally is the only bank Maserati leases with.

Bargain, bargain, bargain if you are going to lease 2015! They are motivated to move that inventory!:wink2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking to take advantage of the resale value and buy a 2010/2011 GT 4.7S I wonder if they will carry on losing money as they seem cheap at this age for a lot of car. what do I need to look for in a second hand one ?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
sshhhhhh don't tell too many people how much fun they are i want to grab mine at the auction in the next year i went and saw a 2010 mc stradale go for 50k white with black interior mileage was low forgot what it was. but then a dealer will take it and service it and mark it up to 75-80k if not more. seems normal to me for the type of car. that's why i wouldn't buy one new for 130-160k lol. i also don't have 130-160 but 50k if easily obtainable.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I posted this on another thread , but it probably fits here better ..even though the last post on this tread is five years old...
TV channel surfing today and I caught the Mecum auction, this one at the Indianapolis venue, and watched a 2010 GT cabrio ( not a gtS ) sell for $ 49,000. I believe they said it had 35K miles on it, but not entirely sure of that. Ten year old GT, not even an S, and certainly not an MC, sold for nearly $ 50 K ?! No particular history like ownership by any celebrity, or limited release, or anything else extraordinary about it . Not too shabby ! They did make a note to highlight that a “ ten year old car still looks like a new model “ . Brilliant blue , I believe it may have been blu sofisticato ( it had a cobalt hue ) , with what looked like a sabbia interior .

Found it , it’s this one :
heard the mileage incorrectly , it had 23 k miles, but it did sell for $ 49,000. Ya’ know, car buyers don’t always follow logic, it‘s all passion - I discovered this fact in the dime-a-dozen Porsche world. There will always be some dude ( or dudette ;) ) who is hell bent on a particular color combination and will pay double or triple the market value for that car - pure obsessive compulsive disorder, no interest in any other comparable car if it’s a different color, and no patience to wait for another to show up on the market . Instant gratification , no matter the cost .

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I think people caught auction fever. I have a 2014 GTS with 43000 miles and I don't think I could get more than $45K for it. There's a 2015 GTS on Autotrader with upgraded MC wheels with only 6400 miles for only $51000. One owner with clean Carfax and title.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I added an additional last comment to that post which MIGHT explain why the car went for as much as it did ( in addition to the auction fever which is indeed a very real phenomenon )

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
That blue metallic sure looks good. I like my black paint but it's a pain to keep clean. All the pollen/dust it picks up driving on the freeway makes it look dirty in just a couple days.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It looks absolutely perfect so if thats the body style you like, someone put a few $$$ into making it pristine. That would be like 45K with average prep work.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
It looks absolutely perfect so if thats the body style you like, someone put a few $$$ into mak9ing it pristine. That would be like 45K with average prep work.
True, having attended a bunch of auctions I have not seen a car yet which was not in absolute concours condition. Regardless of mileage , they are all in a “ never-left-the-dealer-showroom “ shape.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just got this email from Carfax. Depressing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Just got this email from Carfax. Depressing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is wholesale, Just look at all the YouTubers who take their exotic/supercars in and see what carfax gives. Kinda a joke, They would add 10000-15000k on top of that for resale. They are in the market to buy low and sell high

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,348 Posts
Also, with the rising pandemic and tanking economy, this is the worst possible time to sell your car. There are also 3 other strikes against the GT: 1) It's a sporty car (where most people would rather have a SUV instead); 2) Maserati's terrible history of reliability; and 3) the GT was made in way too many numbers for it to appreciate in value as an exotic.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The prices of these cars will never go up in the marketplace.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,348 Posts
It’s definitely a buyers market right now. A couple months ago, I bought a 2018 GT-S convert. in pristine condition with only 6K miles for only $75K. Can’t do much better than that unless they’re giving them away.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts