Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to remove my radio without the advantage of the “official Maserati Extraction Tool P/N 900027673. I’m handy enough to fabricate a tool but have no clear idea of how the tool interacts with the mysterious radio retaining mechanism.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a generic DIN tool that worked well ($6), however I could not pull the radio all the way out. It is still tethered by the cables in the rear. Do you know how the console side panels come off, as I suspect the harness may need to be disconnected before the radio can be complete extracted. BTW, this is on a 2010 GT.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Glad to read the coat hanger worked, although a little surprised because the pictures of all the removal tools seem to show a tapered end with a special tip which I guess is designed to grab something inside the holes as you’re pulling the unit out ..?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a generic DIN tool that worked well ($6), however I could not pull the radio all the way out. It is still tethered by the cables in the rear. Do you know how the console side panels come off, as I suspect the harness may need to be disconnected before the radio can be complete extracted. BTW, this is on a 2010 GT.
The wire harnessing will pull out enough for you to disconnect them. They may be bunched and tangled, just pull and they’ll come out.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to read the coat hanger worked, although a little surprised because the pictures of all the removal tools seem to show a tapered end with a special tip which I guess is designed to grab something inside the holes as you’re pulling the unit out ..?
It took a few tries but eventually whatever the little mechanism grabbers in the radio are they took hold and it slid out enough to grab hold of the radio by hand and pull it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks - now that I know I'll pull a little harder. Especially since the unit wont fully seat since it appears the harness has now snagged going the in as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts