Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've had my 4.2L GT 11 years. It's a 2008 and didn't start life the way it looks today. After 7 years of ownership, I started to think she looked a little tired so I made a few changes. MC Stradale-style carbon fiber hood (painted to match rest of vehicle). MC Stradale front clip. Replaced side rockers. Added carbon fiber tail spoiler. MC Centennial wheels. Formula Dynamics DBWE. Formula Dynamics ECU upgrade. Didn't do anything to the interior until 2020 when I added front and rear cameras, and replaced the OEM infotainment with Android-based unit. She looks and drives great. In 11 years, I've only had one problem and that was under warranty.
View attachment 139465
What a transformation! Went from tired to AMAZING.

Does your car have FD spacers?

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It was FULLY plasti-dipped. The exhaust, engine bay + engine, rims, you-name-it and it was plasti-dipped. It took 8-months to scrape it all off.
Wow, I've done a set of wheels or some trim before but not a whole friggin car!! Your hard work paid off!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
What a transformation! Went from tired to AMAZING.

Does your car have FD spacers?
I don't have the FD Spacers. I'm afraid of what it would do to the car, if it takes a bump or a dip. This is also the reason why it doesn't have lowered springs or anything either. I want to know that my tire can go up in the car as necessary, or take a dip/bump, without worrying about any fender damage occurring. Plus, the roads here are garbage, so that doesn't help for lowering or stance adjustments either.

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Mine has both spacers and lowering springs the previous owner put on. It looks great but man does it not like bumps. Big, sharp ones at speed hit hard enough to trigger the dash cam into thinking a crash has happened. But it does look good and go like stink. :) I've thought about putting the original springs back on, he sent them with the car. But we'll see. It's only an occasional bump. I don't think there's enough rebound to hit the fenders though so not worried about that.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,140 Posts
Posting this as inspiration for where a Granturismo can be, if enough time and dedication is spent.

Specs: 2012 Granturismo MC | 22,000 mi. | Dream car

The Beginning...
View attachment 139480
View attachment 139481

And the end result...
View attachment 139482
View attachment 139483
View attachment 139484
View attachment 139485

I could post MANY more pics that showcase the upgrades and fixes along the way, but at least this gives an idea for what one can do with the exterior + interior, without taking up too much of this thread.

What version Audio head unit is this...I believe I have 2.1 but my screen is different.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What version Audio head unit is this...I believe I have 2.1 but my screen is different.
It's the 2.1 AuCar Unit + LCD Screen that I sourced through member: Robin Elliott on this forum, about a month ago. If you are looking for the same software interface, then you just need to download 'Agama' or Agama Launcher. Each member has their own preference of car launcher, but this one looks the most factory to me, while providing me with everything I need/want out of the unit. The Maserati logo is even built-in, as you just select it, and don't have to download or integrate any additional images, to set it to look like it came that way, from Maserati.

The only other program I would recommend getting with it, for playback of audio, is Poweramp. I paid a few bucks ($2.14 ) for the full version of Agama, and for the full version of Poweramp ($5.89), and I'm not disappointed at all.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Consider it done! I have the same unit from Robin and will do so.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
2 Questions.
#1 My time on the CENTER RPM gauge is 12 hours opposite of the new head unit....how can I get the center one to updated? I knew how on the stick unit but not on this new one.

#2 How do I change the degrees from Centigrade to Fahrenheit ?

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,660 Posts
#2 How do I change the degrees from Centigrade to Fahrenheit ?
Oh, that’s easy just use this formula : C = 5/9 x (F-32). Oh, wait, you mean on your screen menu ? No idea . 😜

Sorry could not resist , had a couple wine glasses with lunch ..😳 😂

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Mine has both spacers and lowering springs the previous owner put on. It looks great but man does it not like bumps. Big, sharp ones at speed hit hard enough to trigger the dash cam into thinking a crash has happened. But it does look good and go like stink. :) I've thought about putting the original springs back on, he sent them with the car. But we'll see. It's only an occasional bump. I don't think there's enough rebound to hit the fenders though so not worried about that.
What size (20, 21, 22), brand, and season of tires are you running?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't have the FD Spacers. I'm afraid of what it would do to the car, if it takes a bump or a dip. This is also the reason why it doesn't have lowered springs or anything either. I want to know that my tire can go up in the car as necessary, or take a dip/bump, without worrying about any fender damage occurring. Plus, the roads here are garbage, so that doesn't help for lowering or stance adjustments either.
You should consider the FD spacers. They don't affect ride to at all, bit really fill the fenders out nicely. Your car has wider fenders, like like the wheel is dropped back to far...IMO

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What size (20, 21, 22), brand, and season of tires are you running?
20" with some off brand tires. They will be going away this winter when I do some other work on the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sold 2014 GMC. Still one of my favorite owned vehicles!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Automobile pedal
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
20" with some off brand tires. They will be going away this winter when I do some other work on the car.
For what it's worth, I have noticed a slightly less bumpy ride since switching from the Pilot Super Sports to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+ Ultra High Performance-All Season. The Conti's are just a hair less jarring, over bumps than the Michelin's, and every little bit helps. 👍 I would suggest re-evaluating the ride harshness after you change out the off brand tires.

Reactions: Jdubbya

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had my 4.2L GT 11 years. It's a 2008 and didn't start life the way it looks today. After 7 years of ownership, I started to think she looked a little tired so I made a few changes. MC Stradale-style carbon fiber hood (painted to match rest of vehicle). MC Stradale front clip. Replaced side rockers. Added carbon fiber tail spoiler. MC Centennial wheels. Formula Dynamics DBWE. Formula Dynamics ECU upgrade. Didn't do anything to the interior until 2020 when I added front and rear cameras, and replaced the OEM infotainment with Android-based unit. She looks and drives great. In 11 years, I've only had one problem and that was under warranty.
View attachment 139465
Wow, well done! You wouldn't think its the same car.
11 years is dedication. Love it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Posting this as inspiration for where a Granturismo can be, if enough time and dedication is spent.

Specs: 2012 Granturismo MC | 22,000 mi. | Dream car

The Beginning...
View attachment 139480
View attachment 139481

And the end result...
View attachment 139482
View attachment 139483
View attachment 139484
View attachment 139485

I could post MANY more pics that showcase the upgrades and fixes along the way, but at least this gives an idea for what one can do with the exterior + interior, without taking up too much of this thread.
No offence, as we all like different things, but I prefer the before :ROFLMAO:......BUT the Ferrari badge......really?

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,679 Posts
Here's my '18 GTS convert. which I had wrapped a few weeks ago. (Went from black to "Indulgent" Blue).

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Gypsy and GT/MC 4ME
21 - 40 of 58 Posts