Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning. I’m a new member. Super happy to be here. I’m retiring in 6 months. Normally would buy a 70 1/2 camaro to restore. But getting tired of rust and dust, so really really considering a GT. Beautiful lines and design, wonderful engine and sound.
But I’m curious about ALL your thoughts on front nose styling. Early style simple no vents
OR the newer brake vent smily face look
For some reason I like the earlier better, think it makes grille and nose stand out focus on Maserati oval
However I think the brake vents make a smily face a detract from oval clean look
I tried to search if this topic has come up
Am I all wrong
Thx

· Registered
4,472 Posts
Morning. I’m a new member. Super happy to be here. I’m retiring in 6 months. Normally would buy a 70 1/2 camaro to restore. But getting tired of rust and dust, so really really considering a GT. Beautiful lines and design, wonderful engine and sound.
But I’m curious about ALL your thoughts on front nose styling. Early style simple no vents
OR the newer brake vent smily face look
For some reason I like the earlier better, think it makes grille and nose stand out focus on Maserati oval
However I think the brake vents make a smily face a detract from oval clean look
I tried to search if this topic has come up
Am I all wrong
Thx
Congrats on the upcoming retirement and welcome aboard. 👍🏽
I think you'll find a varying range of opinions about the nose, amongst the members here. Like most things, it's just a matter of preference...for one reason or another. I personally like this look on my 2014. It was one of my deal breakers when I was looking for a GT.
Car Vehicle Grille Maserati Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,923 Posts
Again, pure personal preference , but not at all a fan of the 2018 facelift. The 2013 nose which I have now screams Maserati, the 2018 ( or at the opposite end, the early more simplistic nose models ) are too mild mannered for my aesthetic taste ; they look Ghibli-ish .

· Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
766 Posts
I Agree with you Dan, the 2018 is no longer oval...and has fewer horizontal slats...making it look more like all the other late model Maserati models...not as unique as earlier GT's anymore IMO...

Reactions: ddsski

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for excellent input. fun thread
Of course 100% personal preference none Better than any other
Billyd. You nailed it. Body line , so grey or black ?
All interiors should be Red , unless black is only color available
Totally appreciate DSGT thoughts , he’s right
DutchGT your car is perfect I want it
Really gonna come down to what’s available (clean) )out there during my search.
Thank you much

· Registered
2010 GTS MCSportline
47 Posts
I'm with you, and in the small minority, who prefer the original pre-facelift front ends. A clean and nice homage of the timeless Maserati A6GCS

Being somewhat Camaro biased, owning and having owned a few ... The '70 1/2 split bumper with duel turn signal bezel, has always been a huge favorite. Always thought it had a 60's 'euro' styling element. But then there is the timelessness of the '69s, and sure muscular styling of my current '67 (and '68s). So many beautiful cars, not enough time or money
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Wheel

· Premium Member
467 Posts
billyd actually put it very aptly. The longer I look at the pictures I have to say, no matter which front, the Granturismo is just a damn good looking car in its entirety. Which front is honestly completely irrelevant.

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,923 Posts
I really like the very prominent round fog lights nose. I’d take that over mine any day. I‘d also take the quad exhaust tips rear end also ..I much prefer that one also. Just shows you how subjective these things are, for example I don‘t like the MC two centered exhausts tips at all. Different strokes for different folks .. makes the world go ‘round ..and less boring .

· Registered
950 Posts
Thanks for excellent input. fun thread
Of course 100% personal preference none Better than any other
Billyd. You nailed it. Body line , so grey or black ?
All interiors should be Red , unless black is only color available
Totally appreciate DSGT thoughts , he’s right
DutchGT your car is perfect I want it
Really gonna come down to what’s available (clean) )out there during my search.
Thank you much
If you see one with full MC interior bits, the grigio chroma is perfect match!!

· Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,284 Posts
Yeah - I liked the pre 2013 with fog lights.
Bought a 2016 smiley face. But upgraded to 2018+ face....again just preference and I also think colors play a part. I did not like my red with the 2016 smiley face. Below - pre and post work

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,923 Posts
Definitely agree on color not only making a bigger difference to the purchase decision than nose design does, but also a substantial difference in how that nose aesthetic appears in various different colors.

· Registered
434 Posts
I think color combo is way more important than the nose look. Buying a 2011 or newer solves lots of the known problems such as Variators and the hose behing the engine.
Billy - You mentioned a 2011 and newer solved the variation and the hose behind the engine problems. You may very well be correct but I had never heard that before. Do you know what was modified to solve the hose behind the engine issue between 2010 and 2011? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts