Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success with phone integraton in a US car?

The Maserati site says the GSM phone is "not for the US" but I've seen a couple of cars sold here say they have the GSM phone option.

Or does everyone just use a headset?

Glenn

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a way to both mute the stereo and get audio from the phone through the car speakers.

The mute lead I listed above for the 3200GT is for the Becker head unit I think. Dashmount.co.uk only lists a Becker switch/mute lead too.

I have a Nokia Bluetooth phone, so I'd probably use a Nokia CK-7W kit rather than a cradle etc., but I still would like to try to get a nice mute/switch setup.

I got my Valentine 1 and IceLink installed today, so I made at least some progress today!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting, I don't suppose you saw what brand the mute box was they installed under the ashtray? (I know I can call and ask, I guess being in the US it isn't like I'd pay to install them anyway...)

Are the 02-05 Coupe/Spyders known as 4200 in the UK?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Mute Box

surfnirnava said:
Glenn
The guy had a look but did not recognise the model.
Thank you for asking.

He said there are a number of models they can use and suggested a audio dealer in the US should be able to advise you.
Not very likely!!! They're not a very common item here, even for "common" cars, let alone something that would fit a Maserati.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts