Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In general, I like the GS design, but I'm not particularly fond of the side skirts...I think they look a bit tacky and "aftermarket". Has one had a GS built/retroed without side skirts? I would assume that (given enough lead time) Maserati could build one.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
339 Posts
glued on

if they're anything like the coupe skirts, they are just glued on and can easily be removed from a qualified bodyshop after delivery

·
Registered
133 Posts
RickBullotta said:
In general, I like the GS design, but I'm not particularly fond of the side skirts...I think they look a bit tacky and "aftermarket". Has one had a GS built/retroed without side skirts? I would assume that (given enough lead time) Maserati could build one.

Thoughts?
Think you would be ok with removing the side skirts as they don't serve any aerodynamic purpose, righ ?! The front spoiler and rear diffuser are a different story though. I believe the side skirts can be easily removed by any body shop.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My concern was whether or not the body panels under the skirts had the same level of surface treatment (clearcoat, polishing) as the rest...

·
Registered
339 Posts
RickBullotta said:
My concern was whether or not the body panels under the skirts had the same level of surface treatment (clearcoat, polishing) as the rest...
just put the Coupe skirts on, they are smooth finish and flush with the body of the car, not the "surfboard" style the GS has.

Like I said, if you're interested in a swap, let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts