Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS wheels will be arriving soon from the US.

However Maserati have told me that the 02 has different camber and toe-in and various other slight differences in the suspension etc... to later model spyders that had 19' wheels or indeed the GS itself, which may cause problems with the wheels and uneven tyre wear + various other factors such as turning circle and a stiff ride.

Am in two minds with the whole thing now

Surely people here have put GS wheels on there spyder and coupes can anyone
shed some light on the subject?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Elie said:
My GS wheels will be arriving soon from the US.

However Maserati have told me that the 02 has different camber and toe-in and various other slight differences in the suspension etc... to later model spyders that had 19' wheels or indeed the GS itself, which may cause problems with the wheels and uneven tyre wear + various other factors such as turning circle and a stiff ride.

Am in two minds with the whole thing now

Surely people here have put GS wheels on there spyder and coupes can anyone
shed some light on the subject?
I do not think that it is gonna be problem putting GS wheels on the 02 spider. If the offset is the same, and the averall diameter is quite the same, should be no problem. It is for sure that the ride will be more stiff when you change from 18" to 19". If the offset and overall diameter(include tires) an the wheel's width is the same, the turning cricle will be the same.

You could also talk to good alignment shop and they will set it up as you want. They guy who set my alignment is specialize in Porsche and he just ask me what I want the car to perform. He set it up different form the manufacturer spec. If want it to be agressive, the tires will wear more on the inside because of the negative camber. By the way, I put on aftermarket wheels which have different offset(but not much) and width and overall diameter. I also lowered my car and there is no problem for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't worry about it. I put GS wheels on my 02 coupe and have had no problems. I have always had an issue with wear on the inside edge of the front tire due to the camber setup, and don't think it has made the issue any worse, though it may be too early to tell. Ride is about the same as before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts