Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used GS rear bumper for my 2004 coupe; it would need to be repainted of course; BUT there is NO mesh insert like on the GS...is the mesh a seperate insert piece or what; I know the GS rear bumper is a BIGGER bumper than comes on the coupe; any clarification? THNX!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am looking at a used GS rear bumper for my 2004 coupe; it would need to be repainted of course; BUT there is NO mesh insert like on the GS...is the mesh a seperate insert piece or what; I know the GS rear bumper is a BIGGER bumper than comes on the coupe; any clarification? THNX!
Right, see

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=3&Mo=496&A=2&B=28210&S=

and notice the mesh grille is an integral part of the bumper assembly. Of course it is screwed-in (so it could be taken away) but it seems not to be sold as a separate item.

HTH

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had that problem , it is screwed/ stuck on believe it or not ,the side vents mesh is also stuck on , i bought some aftermarket mesh and custom fitted my own , cant tell the difference now , an easy fix

Regards loz

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
loz - one of my side mesh vents is coming loose at the bottom. I'm afraid to mess with it because it looks like if I touch it, it will fall back into the rear bumper guard. Is there easy access to repair/replace the mesh. Did you screw it back in or did you have to apply some sort of adhesive?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry venenzo tried to post on fri and then the crash , when i fitted my mesh i cleaned off the area around the edge applied some fibre glass resin as a base, let that go off for a short while , the used glass fibre paste to press it in place and hold it worked brilliantly cant see a thing from rear view so an easy fix in the end hope this helps.

Regards loz

·
Registered
274 Posts
Again sorry vincenzo forgot to tell you , you gain access via removing rear wheel arch only about ten screws holding it in place ,

Regards loz

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
loz - thanks for the tips. Didn't even think about having to remove the rear wheel lining. Between removing the front lining to replace the air filter and the rear linings for accessing the wire mesh, I'm going to become an expert at these wheel wells..... I'll try fixing mine in the coming week. Thanks again my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts