Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About ready to pull the trigger on a GS....have an 11th hour question for the board. Had intended to buy an '05 due to depreciation, but am starting to reconsider. What is a reasonable expectation for a discount from the dealer off of sticker, given lateness of the year etc? Would be curious as to what others received as a discount on MSRP. Add to that the extra $10k incentive from Maserati, and I'm hoping I could get to $90k, depending on options. Realistic?

Also, has anyone driven the "Victory" edition? My concern is that the seats don't exactly look comfortable, and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
192 Posts
buy new. I believe you can get one for 90K. Local sales manager made a comment about 25k off if I bought a new GS vs deposit on upcoming 08. If they have a large selection-- its not like buyers are lining up to get them.

The MCV may be different though.

-dsd

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsd....

I saw "northern Virginia" in your profile.....have you dealt with Maserati of Washington? If so, good experience?
steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've got the GS seats, the MCV seats are 10x's more comfortable (I' 6'2", 190lbs)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Steve said:
...Also, has anyone driven the "Victory" edition? My concern is that the seats don't exactly look comfortable, and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
hard to imagine that Ferrari and Maserati would pick an uncomfortable seat for the Enzo and MC12's exclusive clients. let's put it this way, the seats are more supportive and more purposeful as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We got ours used at Ferrari of Washington and had a great experiance. For us the price difference between new and used was enough to justify a car with only 2800 miles on it. If you are looking for a good salesperson, Augie is your man. He is both professional and entertaining!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Steve said:
dsd....

I saw "northern Virginia" in your profile.....have you dealt with Maserati of Washington? If so, good experience?
steve
I love FMoW. I bought my car new there and plan on buying another. They have been fantastic since I bought the Maser 2+ years ago.

Ask for Auggie.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MC Victory Seats

Make sure to sit/ drive in one before you purchase a MC Victory. I found the seats to be very comfortable - I'm 5'11" 160lbs - but haven't done any long distance in one. I do remember thinking that if I were any wider in the "rear", I'd have a problem - they are narrow seats. Additionally, consider that they are manually adjusted and more "fixed" than the GS seats. In other words, if you plan on making use of the rear seats for less "athletic" adults or children under 2, it will be more of a challenge to access the rear seats.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys,

Thanks for the input. The latest is this....I have been offered what seems to me to be a fairly compelling offer on a new 06 GS, very well equipped, for under $90k (about $89k including VA tax,title, tag to be exact).

Would sign up now, but it is not the black or silver that I thought I really wanted. This one is light blue (the dealer told me the official color is "tour de France blue"), and in pictures it looks great...though not quite as conservative as the silver or black. Unfortunately, due to geographic constraints, will not be able to see in person prior to purchase. Does anyone have this color? If so, how different is it than the slightly darker blue (I believe "Mediteranneo")?

Or, better to pony up a bit more for the MCV?

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
237 Posts
Be CAREFUL!
TDF Blue should be a dark blue, almost navy.
The light blue is called Anniversary and in person is not very nice, hard to move, and I suspect may be why the "great" the deal. Is it in North Carolina?
I got my '06 Bianco Fuji GS for approx $99K very well appointed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
dsd said:
I love FMoW. I bought my car new there and plan on buying another. They have been fantastic since I bought the Maser 2+ years ago.

Ask for Auggie.
More props for Auggie here.
He helped me get into the Silver Stripper that they had in stock. It is now sitting in my driveway.

Drove my BMW from NJ to DC, and the Maserati from DC to NJ.
We tookaA mix of two lane county roads and some interstate back to NJ.

Can't wipe the smile off of my face. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
TDF Blue vs. Blu Nettuno

TDF Blue is a Ferrari color and lighter than Nettuno, but not as light as Anniversary Blu. So if the car is in fact TDF and NOT Anniversary, it should look like this:

http://maserati.millermotorcars.com/new/index.cfm?sFuse=ALT&iVehID=648&CFID=223102&CFTOKEN=28829552

Nettuno is the dark Navy metallic and looks like this:

http://maserati.millermotorcars.com/new/index.cfm?sFuse=ALT&iVehID=702&CFID=223102&CFTOKEN=28829552

Blu Medditeraneo is lighter than either Nettuno or TDF, but also not as light as Anniversary Blu. It's a bit more "irridescent", and looks like this:

http://maseratisanfrancisco.com/new/index.cfm?sFuse=ALT&iVehID=207&CFID=223183&CFTOKEN=24674751

Sorry...couldn't find any Anniversary Blu cars at the moment...

And get the MCV if you want the racing seats and exclusivity. Don't bother otherwise, IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys,

Thanks for the great information....that is correct that the car is in NC....and from what all of you have posted, it appears that it must be the anniversary blue. Looking at the links that were posted of other colors in blue, The TDF and Nettuno both look great. So as I understand it, the TDF is very different from anniversary blue. Bottom line, the anniversary blue seems almost "too" light. There are several other similarly equipped GS at this dealership....perhaps this (difficult to move)is why sticker price on the blue is $7k cheaper.....

Think I'll stay away from the anniversary.....back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the heads up.
Steve

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think that is wise.

You have a PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts