Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, have seen severall GS with a Leather Fabric (cloth) combo as well as full leather versions. What is the pro and cons of each ? Is the fabric version easy to clean/mantain ? Some look pretty neat in the pics. Have been eyeballing a red GS with Black leather and darker grey fabric (almost looks like CF in the pics) with red piping, but not sure since I don't know anything, have heard about or seen it in person. Was the full leather a more expensive option ? Any advantage/disadvantage with either version (resale for example) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Prefer Britex cloth seats

Hate to admit it, but I (my body) tend to overheat quickly. So, I prefer the cloth seats b/c they breathe well and stay cool. I get sweaty during spirited driving in full leather seats.

They are easy to clean.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I prefer the "Britex" fabric insert over leather, IMO it's more comfortable and looks better, different. Leather feels cold in cold weather and hot in hot weather, never right.

I think the car looks way sportier with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting points of view. I guess it is then just a matter of preference and looks.

Are the GS seats comfortable enough ? I am a 260lbs, 6' guy and have test driven a regular '03 GT and felt fine, but never sat in a GS. Will it be uncomfortable in the GS seats ?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i like the BrighTex® fabric. that is part of the design of the GS. i don't think full leather was offered in the early GS (2005).

if it is good enough for the MC12, it should be good enough for the GS.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I dont want to buy a car which has the same interior as my sports shoes - irrespective of what they call it, thank you.

Leather please Full Fat only.:D

Just my personal opinion so each to his own.

Black exterior + cream interior

Silver exterior + Bordeaux interior

Blue Exterior + Tan interior

Black exterior + Bright red interior

I'd hate to see that space age fabric in a well used 10 year old Maserati - I dont think it will look that good. I am somewhat sceptical as to how easy it is to clean. As leather ages, it looks better and better as long as it is regularly cleaned and oiled.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
IMO the full leather looks boring compared to the leather/britex combo, it makes the GS look like the Coupe.

·
Registered
478 Posts
the britex is comfortable and attractive but a bitch to clean, even water spots. you have to rub the entire surface area down with wet cloth to avoid making it obvious where you've used water on the cloth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.