Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This won't make the car go faster - but imho it looks cool and personally I like it:

Attached are the before and after shots of my footwell after I added a footrest. I got it from Ultimate Pedals in Florida(http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=104_106&products_id=2589).
As the look is important to me I ordered the footrest together with a new brake pedal - guess it shows that the number of holes on both match w/each other and the holes in the brake pedal matches the original perfectly.

I'm not affiliated with the manufacturer, but I thought I could flag for a good product and great service!

/F.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
This won't make the car go faster - but imho it looks cool and personally I like it:

Attached are the before and after shots of my footwell after I added a footrest. I got it from Ultimate Pedals in Florida(http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=104_106&products_id=2589).
As the look is important to me I ordered the footrest together with a new brake pedal - guess it shows that the number of holes on both match w/each other and the holes in the brake pedal matches the original perfectly.

I'm not affiliated with the manufacturer, but I thought I could flag for a good product and great service!

/F.
Looks great! How is the footrest attached? I don't see any screws in it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same with the same company....did you go with the flat plate or the one that wraps around the edge of the footwell? Also, is it securely fastened or, is there a bit of wiggle (since it's over the top of a cushioned surface)?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Freddy; You're right. The plate is not screwed in - yet! I have a couple of different length M5-countersunk screws that I will use to - for a start - only attach it to the carpet and I hope it will be stable enough. I used doublesided tape just to fix it for the picture.

@ Vincenzo: I got the flanged one. It doesn't show very well, but the flange/wraparound part of the footrest is only brushed, it doesn't have this anti-skid pattern cut into it.
When I screw it down I will expect less wiggle, as the flange will keep the plate from sliding to the left. Obviously the best (?) way to get it really snug would be to bolt it to the inner fender, but drilling into the Maserati... nah, I think I'll skip that...

HTH
/F.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Double-sided tape did the trick

for me when I installed an aluminum foot rest pedal in my 2003 Maserati. I cut down 4 stainless steele screws and screwed them in the foot pedal. Then I used double-sided tape to attach the pedal over the existing rubber pedal area. It has been 2 years now and the thing has not moved a bit. The dealer told me to be careful drilling in that area as some type of wires are underneath the carpeting. That was enough of a warning to just tape the thing down. It looks great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.