Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GS came with two keys, but i've read in the forum that some people have three keys, the third key being a "valet key" which is in red color.

Am i missing this red key or did i mis-read and this exists for the QP or the GT and not the GS.

Thank you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 04 Coupe came with 1 blue and one Red valet key. The manual says original came with 2 blue 1 red. By the way, does anyone know what the little black button on the valet key does? I though alarm, but nothing happens even after replacing batteries

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My GS came with 2 blue +1 red key. I believe the button on the red/valet keys is for the doors. You may have to reprogram yours...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, so i'm missing the red key i guess...

i'll look for it, otherwise i'll see if i can get one in another way...

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*update*

based on the parts listing:

VALLET KEY TELECONTROL: Not supplyed as spare parts - Valid for USA and CDN

maybe thats why my GS didn't come with a valet key?... anyone in Europe with a GS that has two or three keys?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm interesting, maybe the valet key is indeed only for the US and Canada markets...

i personally don't leave the car to others, if i go somewhere i park it myself, but it would be a cool optional item that i could use to have fun with friends (oh my god! you ruined my car! it won't go more than 4000 rpm!! hehe)

i wonder if its possible to order one here in Europe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.