Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my second thread about this spoiler, first one was deleted, probably by someone who has something to lose on me telling people about the poor quality of the spoiler. I got one of the first spoilers made by DS&D and even let them use my pics on their ebay ads. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...543|39:1|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245 The spoiler has probably been on my car for a year, car is awlays garaged and covered with a custom cover, so the elements are not to blame, not that it should be (the spoiler should stand up to any outside elements anyways if it was a quality painted piece) The paint started to flake and peel, I asked DS&D for a replacement and they refused, They said that they would repaint it for me for $125 if I paid for shipping both ways. I said why would I pay to have them repaint it with the same poor quality paint that peels in a year? So I am just trying to give all those interested in the group buy a heads up. If you have to have the spoiler, beware of the quality and if you must, buy the unpainted version so you wont have to repaint it every year. I wonder how long this post will last? Thanks for you time, and good luck. TC

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
this is my second thread about this spoiler, first one was deleted, probably by someone who has something to lose on me telling people about the poor quality of the spoiler. I got one of the first spoilers made by DS&D and even let them use my pics on their ebay ads. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...543|39:1|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245 The spoiler has probably been on my car for a year, car is awlays garaged and covered with a custom cover, so the elements are not to blame, not that it should be (the spoiler should stand up to any outside elements anyways if it was a quality painted piece) The paint started to flake and peel, I asked DS&D for a replacement and they refused, They said that they would repaint it for me for $125 if I paid for shipping both ways. I said why would I pay to have them repaint it with the same poor quality paint that peels in a year? So I am just trying to give all those interested in the group buy a heads up. If you have to have the spoiler, beware of the quality and if you must, buy the unpainted version so you wont have to repaint it every year. I wonder how long this post will last? Thanks for you time, and good luck. TC
wow. i m very surprised why the thread would be deleted. did it get moved somewhere instead?
i wouldn't pay them to paint it in just as questionable workmanship.

can you post a picture of the said poor quality spoiler while you are at it?

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
In what thread was your post deleted ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
not cool!!!

read his original thread too...I am too taken back that a posting contains no profanity to the trident is willfully deleted.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Thanks Andrew, i will post pics when I get my car back from service. TC
No problem.

Quick question, did you get the spoiler or did your car come with it? If I recall you recently acquired your car but you said in your first post above it's probably been on for a year?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought it from a member here, demoe. He give me the info on the orgins and history of the spoiler and the problems.

·
Registered
513 Posts
No problem.

Quick question, did you get the spoiler or did your car come with it? If I recall you recently acquired your car but you said in your first post above it's probably been on for a year?

Andrew,

Tommy recently purchased my car. I had contacted Oscar via Ebay and purchased the Spolier. I believe I later posted my car here on MLife and Ali took the reigns to set up a group buy.

The paint began to crack about 1 year after receiving it. My car was garaged and covered with a dealer purchased Maserati car cover plus I am over in paint friendly northern california.

I was pretty surprised that Oscar refused to repaint of replace the spoiler and think that is important for others to know before participating in the group buy. ...Can you imagine the sight of a Group meetup/drive with everyone with paint cracked rear Gransport trunk lid spoliers?? Oh, the humanity! :)

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
I'm a big believer in transparency and think the moderator that deleted the thread needs to step and explain or be removed from moderator status.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So, what's the explanation?

I would be interested in hearing why the thread disappeared as well. This happened before without (public) explanation:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4792

I had asked about the earlier instance and was only told "something came up". Not that I have a right to know, its not my server, but these things can make you lose a bit of confidence in the site, which I otherwise think is a great one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
deletions

Yes,I agree deleted threads should receive an explanation as why that action was taken. That way the forum would have a better understanding of what is not permitted.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, deleted threads receive an explanation as why that action was taken. That way the forum would have a better understanding of what is not permitted.
I never got a reason for my deleted thread, but a certain moderator warned me not to start "pissing matches with moderators" in a PM. I would love to elaborate and share, but its a "P"rivate "M"essage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
I never got a reason for my deleted thread, but a certain moderator warned me not to start "pissing matches with moderators" in a PM. I would love to elaborate and share, but its a "P"rivate "M"essage :rolleyes:
Sounds like we may have a moderator issue. Copy and paste the PM into a reply here or, if you would rather not, PM me with it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would love to "out" this person but I, personally think private messages should stay private. I just want an honest answer to why my thread was closed. If the person who closed it would just PM me the with reason why, I would let it rest. I really just wanted to share my experiences with the spoiler and I appreciate Andrew for letting this thread go on to let all other forum members know. TC

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Clearing things up:

I had spoken to TC already, in a series of PMs that I can make public if you wish.

The reason I deleted his previous post was because I explained to him that BEFORE he made a post like this, I wanted to see exactly what happened and get the other side of the story.

TC told me he bought the car used, and then noticed the spoiler paint was peeling. Had he bought it and then noticed that the paint was bad, that would be 100% DS&Ds fault... however, he was the second owner of the spoiler...

He agreed, and then made the post immediately after... which leads me to wonder what HIS intentions are.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Andrew,

Tommy recently purchased my car. I had contacted Oscar via Ebay and purchased the Spolier. I believe I later posted my car here on MLife and Ali took the reigns to set up a group buy.

The paint began to crack about 1 year after receiving it. My car was garaged and covered with a dealer purchased Maserati car cover plus I am over in paint friendly northern california.

I was pretty surprised that Oscar refused to repaint of replace the spoiler and think that is important for others to know before participating in the group buy. ...Can you imagine the sight of a Group meetup/drive with everyone with paint cracked rear Gransport trunk lid spoliers?? Oh, the humanity! :)
Example #1 of what I am talking about... The guy I am talking to is Omar, not Oscar, and Omar hadnt heard of the issue before I brought it up to him.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
TC told me he bought the car used, and then noticed the spoiler paint was peeling. Had he bought it and then noticed that the paint was bad, that would be 100% DS&Ds fault... however, he was the second owner of the spoiler...
so because the spoiler's a year old and because I'm the second owner that its not DS&D's fault that the paint's flaking???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.