Where do you get the OBDII WIFI reader?

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Thanks so are you finding this a good addition? I like that you can see the faults.
Yes I think it is really cool! I have hardly scratched the service of what all the information it provides. Its just a tool I have in the glove box and will plug it in every now and then since you can only run 1 wifi item at a time. The realtime info is amazing.
Is this the same thing?

It looks like the same thing, Looks like it comes from Hong Kong, I assume it also uses the Torque app but doesn't say in the listing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have two issues on this new unit and don't know if it's normal:
1. we couldn't have the fuel remaining mileage ?
2. on the radio we couldn't have the stations name ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all..... If I don't want to connect wifi from my phone every time has anyone tried aa dedicated wifi hotspot from Verizon or tmo ? Would the unit work fine like this without a phone hotspot connection for streaming music like Spotify?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi all..... If I don't want to connect wifi from my phone every time has anyone tried aa dedicated wifi hotspot from Verizon or tmo ? Would the unit work fine like this without a phone hotspot connection for streaming music like Spotify?
yeah it would work great. The best would be if the unit had a SIM card, then you can have IT provide WIFI. alas, its not the case.

I wonder if the next version will have it.

But yeah, it connects to my wifi great. Home, mobile, office - it grabs whatever is nearest.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Lots of 4G LTE USB dongle options out there for the Android, lots of videos, looks like they work very well.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
yeah it would work great. The best would be if the unit had a SIM card, then you can have IT provide WIFI. alas, its not the case.

I wonder if the next version will have it.

But yeah, it connects to my wifi great. Home, mobile, office - it grabs whatever is nearest.
The 2nd Gen will not have a SIM card

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #273 (Edited)
Hi Robin, just checking in to see if there is any difference on the new unit they sent you? Give us an update, if you can.
Yes the 2nd Gen is a complete make over. It uses a DSP chip. I finished testing and the new production model will be arriving at my door in a few days. I will install the production model and fully test it and do a full demo video including all the specs.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes the 2nd Gen is a complete make over. It used a DSP chip. I finished testing and the new production model will be arriving at my door in a few days. I will install the production model and fully test it and do a full demo video including all the specs.
Awesome, thanks Robin! Will be looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Yes the 2nd Gen is a complete make over. It used a DSP chip. I finished testing and the new production model will be arriving at my door in a few days. I will install the production model and fully test it and do a full demo video including all the specs.
Great! Thanks for all the work Robin.

261 - 275 of 275 Posts