Maserati Forum banner

221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Hey guys, If your having problems ordering on Aliexpress send me your paypal email to [email protected] with your order and I will send it directly to them. Please specify LHD or RHD You will then receive a PayPal Invoice from them directly to you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
In AliExpress, under "Payment Methods", there should be a button that says "Other Payment Methods". Paypal should show up once you select that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can you change the buttons on carwebguru so the skip and play control say pandora?
Yes, you can modify all the screens. You want pandora as a widget.. The steering wheel controls map to all steaming apps by default. Here’s the video I learned from:

I would suggest you look at several videos...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, you can modify all the screens. You want pandora as a widget.. The steering wheel controls map to all steaming apps by default. Here’s the video I learned from:

I would suggest you look at several videos...
Watched it but still didn;t show how to go to next track in current music player with buttons

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a new issue
Carwebguru freaked out while trying to map buttons
Seems to be loading something and just keeps trying
I can't get out of it
Any ideas?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a new issue
I can't get out of it
Any ideas?
I gotta be honest, this is why I havent messed with changing the loaders yet. I am in IT and capable, but I dont want to mess with what the designers over at Aucar have working and also in case of any issues so early with the unit in the car. I dont exactly like the layout either, but ill keep it for while until someone else tests. lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any idea how to reset? Carplay still works thank god!
Uninstall Carwebguru would be my first step. But you need to boot to some sort of safe mode I assume.

I would message Aucar, Something is now corrupted in the loader. Im not an Android expert by no means so it could get dicey.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a new issue
I can't get out of it
Any ideas?
Y
Any idea how to reset? Carplay still works thank god!
Youre ok! Your unit is fine.
are you talking the “music player” or a streaming app like pandora? The music player is for local.mp3 files so if you didnt load any songs into a folder on he unit then whatever is que’d up to play (some ding sound) the music player will just keep playing the “ding” as its the only music file music player can see.

when you touch a green square, it allows you to select the full app or under widgets. I think you have understand how pandora as a widget is different than adding the pandora to your home screen. For example, I have the weather app as a widget so it just sits there and displays the current temp.

If you want to uninstall then open goggle play app and select uninstall for carwebguru. Reboot... will load original launcher..

·
Registered
201 Posts
I gotta be honest, this is why I havent messed with changing the loaders yet. I am in IT and capable, but I dont want to mess with what the designers over at Aucar have working and also in case of any issues so early with the unit in the car. I dont exactly like the layout either, but ill keep it for while until someone else tests. lol
I’ve been running carwebguru for six months now... True, if youre an android user, its easy to navigate but it does require some time to configure it to what you want.

understand that the steering wheel buttons are hard mapped so any app with volume or next play can use the steering wheel.
Iphone folks need to learn android navigation thats all... Once you learn it, it does make your screen more friendly.

Aucar and canavie all sit on the same street in China.. AuCar built their loader. These are 1DIN units with an unlicensed copy of android on them. Thats why you cant upgrade the OS...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can you explain how carwebguru can map buttons to controls?
So when I have pandora as a widget, I start it up and it is playing but then I can't use the next track button.

Anyway, I got out of it, I had to keep hitting home to get the carwebguru screen back long enough to hit the apps button and delete the app, I couldn't get into apps because it kept going to this modify system settings screen and when you hit home it came out for a second, but if you kept tapping home it came out long enough.

Now here is my review of the unit after 2 days.

1) Don't install carwebguru. It has bugs but it is a cool app.

2) If you have a iphone, forget about using this as designed. First, it doesn't stay connected to hotspot. Mine keeps dropping the hotspot, and that makes the music useless, since you need wifi to drive it.

3) Carplay works really good. Set up zlink and on mine zlink loads as soon as i get in car, then I plug in phone and bam, I have carplay with all the features. No need for wifi. No need to load other apps or launchers. Yes, the sound is not as good as playing under android, but to be honest its not horrendous and is alot easier than using android.

4) The unit is flaky. I get the radio playing through in the background, even though radio is not loaded and not on.

5) Volume on the unit is not great. 0 to 1 is like a 0 to 10 jump. So there is no like quiet music mode, it is off or loud. But again, in carplay you have better range.

6) I am sure there are things I can do to make it work better, but after my carwebguru experience I am going to use carplay until someone else figures it all out.

7) Finally, I am not sure if it is the unit or me. But this morning my battery was dead. Now I did play with the unit alot yesterday in accessory mode, so I may of killed it. It is on trickle charger and I see flaky things like door locks not working but back now. Lock symbol on screen. So I hope it comes back and it was not the unit that killed it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will admit that the wifi antenna on these units are not very signal strong and when you hide the back of the unit in the dash, it does take a few seconds for it to see your iphone. Android phones connect faster via USB.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found a google app called
USB Tethering

Seems like it will allow it. Anyone ever try this?
I am not trying anything new right now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No,
Yeah, the iphone does not connect well with usb, It says it can but I still don't see it
No, iphones cant send wifi to android unit via USB. Only android to android can share wifi over usb. Iphone can only connect via hotspot. Carplay is just painting a picture of your phone on the screen. No wifi is passed to the unit over carplay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So seems my best bet is use carplay. I think Robin should tell iphone users that. I am a loyal iphone user and not giving it up. Guess I could buy a cheap android device and get a plan. But that seems silly. Will just use carplay. it is fine. I really just want the waze and backup camera. The music is not needed as I like listening to the motor growl!

·
Registered
201 Posts
So seems my best bet is use carplay. I think Robin should tell iphone users that. I am a loyal iphone user and not giving it up. Guess I could buy a cheap android device and get a plan. But that seems silly. Will just use carplay. it is fine. I really just want the waze and backup camera. The music is not needed as I like listening to the motor growl!
Dave, im an apple guy too and I had to understand how android works too... it took me a month and a lot navigating to understand android. I also ran to carplay until I realized that google play and the settings are two important places.

Have you configured carplay to launch upon usb connection? There is configuration screen for carplay when you can change how carplay responds.

221 - 240 of 266 Posts