Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine suggested to look at perhaps changing the grounding kit in the car, to a more high performance one (some info here)

Anyone tried or knows anything about this?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's just BF's wallet itching...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Friend of mine suggested to look at perhaps changing the grounding kit in the car, to a more high performance one (some info here)

Anyone tried or knows anything about this?

Cheers.
Dont be duped. Unless you have a serious electrical problem, "grounding kits" are simply a scam designed to take your money. They do nothing for any car with a properly functioning electrical system.

·
Registered
722 Posts
+1 a complete scam, on the same level as those adhesive pads that "extract toxins" through the soles of your feet.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll stay away :)

I am a bit of a numpty tech wise and I am looking at cheap mods for my second round ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I fitted a grounding kit to my Nissan 350Z on recommendation from a lot of the owners on the 350Z forum. All I can say is that I noticed a distinct improvement in responsiveness; the car just felt somehow more alive. Obviously, this was a Nissan and we are talking Maserati here so I would like to think that the electronics in the Maserati are pretty well sorted over a more mainsteam car - Would be interested to here from someone that had actually fitted a kit though???

·
Registered
793 Posts
Placebo effect.
Excellent statement.

Today's cars do not use electrical paths as earlier models did. Thus there is less need for grounding.

The mechanical interfaces are run over the CAN system (controller area network). These include heat, A/C, instruments, lighting control, etc.

All other control signals run over the MOST digital optical interface. All radio, voice, CD, nav, phone, etc run over this system as digital bits through a digital optical cable similar to that used in your home audio system.

Almost negligible ground requirements.

Don't get duped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.