Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I was searching the internet and ebay hard for the Italian grill inserts for the GT. They seem to be abundant for the Ghibli but nothing for thr GT. I'm getting ready to put my car back on the road for the season so I ordered vinyl and did it myself. Easy as heck job and looks clean. I ordered satin red/white/green rather than the plain gloss. They are cheap and look great in shade and especially in the sun! It's sometimes the little things that make the biggest difference.

Remember to rub the grille nice with an alcohol wipe and let dry. I measured the grille length and added an extra couple of cm's for buffer. I might re-cut an extra set a touch wider just so it wraps better around the lip. I also might move everything over one lip to the right. I'd HIGHLY recommend using an adhesion promoter. The white vinyl is not very tacky and did not adhere well to the grille.

Here are the results:
IMG_20200319_184930.jpg IMG_20200319_184920.jpg IMG_20200319_184915.jpg

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Looks great. Where did you order the vinyl from and what width did you order?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. Where did you order the vinyl from and what width did you order?
Thanks! I bought 3 12x60" rolls for about $7CDN each on ebay, so there's plenty of extra material LOL. I used a razor blade to size it to 3/16" thick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great diy, looks sharp!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad idea, but the white vinyl isn't as tacky as the green and red, albeit good quality otherwise which is why I recommended the adhesion promoter. Also you want to make sure it's durable in a car wash or rain :)

Cut the strips to size and sell here to recoup your costs

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in the Edmonton area. You?
I'm in Vancouver. I work for an airline so I figured I could bring you some of my extra vinyl if you were in a city I fly into but now I don't know if I'll even have a job in a week :unsure: with this whole pandemic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts