Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the color combo.
I am not sure about ALL BORDEAU interior.
any thoughts on how the dash and the rear "dash" might look?
i have only these pics to make a decision.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
rest of the pics

the rest of the pictures.
looks roso interior but it really is bordeau.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
i love Alfieri, got it myself ;) i went all black inside with alcantara. it does look like rosso in the picts, but you can see it darker in the outside shots. have you been in a GT or GT-S with all rosso, or bordeuau at your local dealer? it looks nice, not my style though, if you like it, i think the combo works! black dash and rear deck may have made it a little more subtle. seems like all orders are done, so you may have to take it as is. are they asking sticker?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adam,
Yup they want sticker.
I also really like grigio alfieri and i was thinking that if it did not quite work out, I would pay to change out the dash, steering wheel and rear deck area. I might even change out the seat for alcantra. I am not sure how much all of this will cost. I don't mind putting in an extra 15k to get it just the way I want it if ALL bordeau looks too much for me.
Here are some pics of the demo I had for 2 days. Had 300 miles when I took the car. Manager ok'd an additional 300 for the 2 day test drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Adam,
Yup they want sticker.
I also really like grigio alfieri and i was thinking that if it did not quite work out, I would pay to change out the dash, steering wheel and rear deck area. I might even change out the seat for alcantra. I am not sure how much all of this will cost. I don't mind putting in an extra 15k to get it just the way I want it if ALL bordeau looks too much for me.
Here are some pics of the demo I had for 2 days. Had 300 miles when I took the car. Manager ok'd an additional 300 for the 2 day test drive.
With that kind of "demo" mileage they have to do better than sticker, I know they're treating you right about taking the car home, but plenty of dealers do that these days, if they don't volunteer all you have to do is ask. These guys have to better that price through, in my opinion paying sticker in this rotten economy is not a good deal. The car is great, but its not like people are breaking down the doors for them, it will sit and if it does sell, there are plenty of other dealers that still have their demos sitting on their lots for 3 months now.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I dont think the car he is looking at is the demo he took home with all the miles. My dealer is still only willing to slightly discount their demo.

I have to imagine the interior swap out youre thinking of would be rather costly, possibly upwards of 20k even...not sure, will be interesting to see if you go that route

·
Registered
349 Posts
Pizza,
Thanks for the advice. Any idea on what's reasonable on this sticker?
Your scenario has come up several times, everybody loves the car and its just a matter of price. I think a lot depends on where you live. Some smaller town dealers are struggling big time, although even dealers in CA have S models sitting on their lots for a while now. I've said this before on this board that I think $20k off is possible, but thats solely based on the discounts that are widely advertised on standard GranTurismos and Quattroportes these days. I have yet to hear of one GranTurismo S owner who got $20k off, but I'm not sure how far they pressed the issue. Asking nicely for a discount or threatening to walk if your bottom line number is approved are two different things. Of course I don't mean "threat" in the true sense, but you get the idea, here's what I'm willing to pay or sayonara. Certainly if you find a 4 or 5 dealers that have colors you like, call/email/fax them at the same time with your bottom line price and see who bites. You got nothing to lose, except cash.

I had an S on order prior to the sh-t hitting the fan with the economy and stayed the course up until about a month ago and backed out of my order. I still want the car, but I'm going to step back and see where things are at in spring/summer. I think we all know the economy won't bounce back in a few months, so if anything some dealers will become more desperate to move cars as they may face closure otherwise.

·
Registered
107 Posts
personally, i think it's a bit too much bordeaux. i think you'll get old of it and regret it. always looks good at first, but it's a bit loud. that's my opinion, which is i guess what you're asking from those on the board.

as far as what to pay, the inventories are building. i think these should be going for $10-$15k below sticker. in about a year, i bet you can get one with 1000 miles for $30k+ below sticker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts