Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an owner... yet.

I test drove an '03 Spyder last weekend and was quite impressed (with the car, but not the dealer unfortunately). My goal is a simple one... looking for a convertible that looks good, is fun to drive and has adequate power. A manual transmission is a plus. The reliability of the Spyder concerns me a bit, but ever since I test drove one I've had a hard time appreciating any of the other cars I've looked at.

I've been looking mostly on ebay, cars.com and similar. Does anyone have any other suggestions on where to find a reasonably priced Spyder?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to ML... where did you test drive at that you didn't like the dealership?

I know here in Cincinnati, the dealership seemed pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Bard - about five months ago I bought from Naples Motorsports in Florida. Here's a link - they have a nice looking '04. I've been happy with mine and they were good to deal with. Scroll down to see their Maserati inventory.

http://www.naplesmotorsports.com/inventory.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Joey, I was actually up in Chicago when I did the test drive. The "dealer" is a high volume reseller of mostly luxury and European cars. I had about convinced myself to buy the car as I was heading home. Unfortunately, they had several bad reviews on-line as well as a number of complaints through the BBB (18 in 36 months). That, along with the issues I've read about the Maserati here and elsewhere makes me believe that if I'm going to get one, it needs to be from a more reputable source.

Thanks for the link Vincenzo, I'll check 'em out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts