Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Maserati Quattroporte GTS (M139)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day everyone, First post here!

I have just purchased a 2013 Quattroporte (M139) GTS, and it is a dream come true! but considering the age of the design there are some changes I want to make to somewhat modernize the car.
I want to replace the green dash and console lights to a different color, possibly white, has anyone attempted this?
I have done as much searching as I possibly could about this on this forum and on the web but got nothing, so if I had missed something kindly point it out to me.
any advise on the process and/or bulb sizes and specs would be greatly appreciated, looking forward to your input

·
Registered
106 Posts

I have just purchased a 2013 Quattroporte (M139) GTS, and it is a dream come true! but considering the age of the design there are some changes I want to make to somewhat modernize the car.
I want to replace the green dash and console lights to a different color, possibly white, has anyone attempted this?
I have done as much searching as I possibly could about this on this forum and on the web but got nothing, so if I had missed something kindly point it out to me.
any advise on the process and/or bulb sizes and specs would be greatly appreciated, looking forward to your input

View attachment 135447

·
Registered
106 Posts
congrats and welcome - looks like a lovely car

Based on pics below of a torn-down switch pack (left of the steering wheel) this would be a very difficult thing to achieve. Each light is an individual LED on the board and even if you were handy with a soldering iron etc, there's a lot of them on the dash, and then inside the climate control unit, instrument panel colour, clock etc.

My opinion only... but QPV is an utterly timeless design that still looks great ~17 years on - enjoy your new car for what it is, you'll only do damage taking everything apart!

Nobody has ever gotten into my car and said "ugggh, your green dash lights look soooo old".

Have fun
John

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Maserati Quattroporte GTS (M139)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
congrats and welcome - looks like a lovely car

Based on pics below of a torn-down switch pack (left of the steering wheel) this would be a very difficult thing to achieve. Each light is an individual LED on the board and even if you were handy with a soldering iron etc, there's a lot of them on the dash, and then inside the climate control unit, instrument panel colour, clock etc.

My opinion only... but QPV is an utterly timeless design that still looks great ~17 years on - enjoy your new car for what it is, you'll only do damage taking everything apart!

Nobody has ever gotten into my car and said "ugggh, your green dash lights look soooo old".

Have fun
John
Thanks a lot for your input John, and yes it is an absolutely gorgeous car.
Although the green lights aren't ugly they show the age of the car, wish they were replaceable LED's so I could try white light for a more modern look. I guess I could live with it though, there's certainly a lot to love about this car.

·
Registered
6 Posts

View attachment 135447
I have a 2007 and it doesn’t feel outdated with the lighting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks a lot for your input John, and yes it is an absolutely gorgeous car.
Although the green lights aren't ugly they show the age of the car, wish they were replaceable LED's so I could try white light for a more modern look. I guess I could live with it though, there's certainly a lot to love about this car.
Your other option would be to get a device that throws strong red and blue light inside the car which when mixed with the green lights on dash should throw white?
Although of course that would goof around with all the other colours (e.g instrument cluster screen and "infotainment" display) :)

·
Registered
Quattroporte Sport GTS 2012
34 Posts
Is there a way to brighten the lights during the day, when you have the lights on Auto? I find that they are off (or very dim) even on the brightest setting. It doesn’t really change if I switch the lights on manually. Anyone else with this problem (If it is a problem...)

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
Do you mean the dash lights? If so, only the controls which I suspect you've found where the headlight switch is

C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts