Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
EurotekDesignsInc. said:
I never in my life would expect this car to handle and drive this way, it has impressed me so much I want one NOW.

It makes the Coupe and Spider feel dated and will run circles around the E39 M5. Maserati did their homework on this chassis boy. At last weeks 360 Challenge at Lime Rock there was a Gransport on the track and it struggled to keep up massive body roll etc, the driver looked shaky. I would not mind tracking one for myself to see for sure, driver input affect things a lot.

For anyone deliberating to buy one I strongly suggest it against any MB or BMW hands down.
For anyone on the “EXTREME” deep end interested in our programming please just let us know your requirements upfront so you can carry out your suicide mission FASTER.

Have fun everyone!
I just got back on Friday from the Master Maserati GT course in Italy. We used the Verano track in Parma for all the testing and exercises. I am a bit surprised at ur comment that u said that the QP performed very well on track. We took out the Coupe, Spyder and GS out on track for 2 days, and at the end of the 2nd day, 3 German guys took their QP out on track. They said that it was a struggle for the car to perform. Their feedback was that there was a lot of body roll, had to break a lot earlier coz of its weight and lastly slow to pull away.
Maybe it was the driver that made the QP perform in your comments coz we couldn't do it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dolle Dolf said:
Lung,

HOw did the coupe and the GS compare?

Thx,
They are very different cars. The GS was difinately more stable and quicker around the track. We spent about 95% of the time in the coupes and spyders and had 4 laps in the GS on the last day. The difference was immediately felt. The GS gave us more confidence to take on corners at higher speed.

Ivan Capelli (former Ferrari F1 driver 92/93)was the chief instructor, he told us that when they did a head to head comparison on the 2.8km Verano (in Parma) track the GS was 2 secs faster.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.