Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. As a 1st time poster I wanted briefly express my experience with Maserati.
I have been a Porsche enthusiast for the past 10 years, owning 9 different 911s in that time, all purchased new. while making my last purchase 2 years ago a new Fearrari/Maserati dealership opened in Central Jersey which was staffed with a number of people from the Porsche dealership I always did business with. I went into the new dealership and immediately fell in live with the Maseratis.
My concerns about reliability and resale value prevented me from pulling the trigger at that point but 4 months ago, while looking for another Porche, I pulled the trigger and bought an '06 Coupe Cambio. This is where my story gets interesting.
Upon delivery of the car the Check Engine light came on (which turned out to be a faulty sensor) and the paint on the seams of the front bumper was chipped. The dealership repaired the problems the following week only to have the paint on the bumper chip again. The paint issue occurred 3 times and 3 times the bumper was repainted. BTW, this is a known defect in the car and it occurrs regularly. During this time blend lines were also noticed in the paint on both rear quarters that were so obvious the car began to look 2 tone. After consulting with Maserati factory Reps it was agreed that the car needed to be repainted. I was not going to accept this as the value of the car is significantly diminished with paint work and it was a brand new car. In fact the car was out of service for over 20 days because of paint issues.
At first Maserati NA would do nothing for me. The folks at the dealership were extremely supportive of me and over the course of 3 weeks held many discussions with MNA on my behalf. The end result was that the dealership (Ferrari/Maserati of Central Jersey) and MNA stepped up and replaced my car with a 2006 Gransport LE.
Needless to say, I love the car. Performance wise I am finding it far superior to the 2005 Carrera S that I was previously driving. The car is gorgeous, the biuld quality is excellent, and the "wow" factor is off the charts. Best car I have ever owned and I am using it as my daily driver. Planning to put 10-15k miles per year on it.
I just want to give kudos to the all of the people at the dealership. They were fantastic and really supported a customer who is a huge proponent for the marquis.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hi jaws2,
welcome! it's great to hear that a porsche enthusiast falls in love with maserati.
i am quite surpised to see MNA upgraded you into a GS LE. this is very unusual; possibly a very helpful dealer or some other circumstances...
enjoy your GS!

·
Registered
909 Posts
GranSport LE is an option package which adds these to the GranSport:

red brake calipers
cd changer
skyhook
xenons
full leather interior
19" trofeo ball-polished wheels
heated front seats
wingbadges
hi-fi
red-accented tridents

See the picture thread for photos of our Bianco Fuji GranSport LE:
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1420

- Mark

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the Limited Edition is really another marketing ploy. how limited is this?
they already have a MC Victory, a true numbered and limited edition.
the LE is just an option package deal.

by calling it Limited Edition or LE (which sounds like a corolla) really downgrades the brand and value of true limited editions like the MC Victory.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I have had many Audi's but also had 2 Porsches prior to my Coupe. The Porsches were new and the Coupe was used, but I still have enjoyed it much more than my last 996.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Glad to see you had both the dealer and MNA stand behind you. I still have not heard back from MNA about my seat issue. I do love my car, but very disappointed with MNA.

I've also heard about others with paint issues. My car looks good, and other than swirls (dealer blamed buffing done at the port) I have no paint issues so far.

·
Registered
742 Posts
FMNJ Great Dealership

Welcome to the board...

I live about 40 minutes from and have my car serviced at FMNJ. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

I have never waited long to get an appointment and they have addressed and corrected every single one of my issues. Always got a loaner, even flatbedded my car to me at work one time.

Mike and Nelson in service are two great guys.

Glenn:

As far as swirls, just take your baby to a top notch show car dealer in your area. For about 300 ish, he should be able to take them all out.

My car is white so swirls do not show as much but I have noticed several tiny paint flaws that came with the car.

CM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts