Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is absolutely and completely unsolicited feedback regarding the Eurotek chip upgrade I got through Kevin at NAPerformance well over a month ago. I am thoroughly elated...still!! The differences in all the right areas of performance are substantially felt and experienced...consistently! I know the trepidation and anxiety associated with making the purchase and installation, and I'm here to say: "DO IT"!! I have an '06 GS w/ 3k miles on it and I thought I was thrilled before. i couldn't imagine how I could possibly enjoy the car anymore than i was prior to installing the upgraded chip. It's simply amazing and I do, in fact, enjoy the car far more than before....every time I drive it, particularly when I can wind the revs up past the redline now that the limiter has been adjusted upwards. If anyone out there is considering and just wants to get a better handle on what to expect, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to share my email address and answer any questions you might have. Hope this helps.
Carl/Microfuelcellar
PS: Kevin and Phil were spectacular. I ran into a "speed bump" of sorts, due to my own screw up, and they were extremely helpful getting me through it all. Again, can't say enough good about the decision to do it!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Carl,

As always pleasure dealing with you and I'm very glad you were happy with the chip upgrade. Let me know when you get that BMC installed :)

Regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
188 Posts
...Carl, hate to say it but I told you! <g>

Good stuff, makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
173 Posts
bundas said:
am i or should i be concerned with a short life drive train?
I think the increase is not that significant. Drive train should be able to handle this easily. At least when they design it, there must provide room for improvement. If you tune it up to more than 500HP, you may have to worry about it. Even honda Civic can handle 100 extra HP easily. No need to worry about just chip tuning.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The drivetrain can handle it fine, Modena-Tec from Germany who supercharges Maserati 4200's is running 551hp on the OE drivetrain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts