Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I’m new to the forum. I’m interested in purchasing a GranTurismo Sport 2015. I was wondering a few things. I will use this as a daily driver. How reliable are they for daily use? In terms of resale value, how much will it depreciate in the next few years? I’m looking ideally for a Certified Pre-Own. Is it worth paying the extra money for a CPO vehicle like this one? Anyone knows of a GT 2015 for sale?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Daily driving the GT is great. In the year I have owned the car I have driven 12000 miles and have experienced the following issues:

1. Drained battery - needed AAA to give me jump. Battery holding only 350CA and needed to be replaced.
2. Radiator fans remain on even after car is turned off. (warranty fix)
3. Small leaks in valve cover gaskets. (warranty fix)
4. Cracked coolant bottle. (warranty fix)

As for resale, unfortunately the car's value drops like a rock. Although, having a CPO warranty remaining when selling the car is a plus. I would imagine depreciation is around $10K a year after the initial 40% depreciation the owner who bought the car new experienced as soon as the car drove off the lot.

Cars with CPO warranty are slightly more expensive, but I think it's worth the peace of mind. My 2014 has a CPO warranty until Sept. 2020, but it looks like the policy may have changed recently to only add an additional year after the original 4 year/50K mile warranty ends. That would mean a 2015 car would only have a warranty until 2020.

There is a 2015 CPO GranCabrio with 32000K miles for $62000 located in Northern California.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I already own my second GT as daily driver. With my first GT (a Granturismo Sport 2014, driven from 2014 untill 2018) I drove 148'000km in total, the car was also driven in the winter with lots of snow and salt (I live in Switzerland). This without any problems or defects. The only thing that had to be replaced with 100'000km was a defective fuel injector. I can recommend the GT as daily driver to anyone, a car of very high long-term quality.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daily driving the GT is great. In the year I have owned the car I have driven 12000 miles and have experienced the following issues:

1. Drained battery - needed AAA to give me jump. Battery holding only 350CA and needed to be replaced.
2. Radiator fans remain on even after car is turned off. (warranty fix)
3. Small leaks in valve cover gaskets. (warranty fix)
4. Cracked coolant bottle. (warranty fix)

As for resale, unfortunately the car's value drops like a rock. Although, having a CPO warranty remaining when selling the car is a plus. I would imagine depreciation is around $10K a year after the initial 40% depreciation the owner who bought the car new experienced as soon as the car drove off the lot.

Cars with CPO warranty are slightly more expensive, but I think it's worth the peace of mind. My 2014 has a CPO warranty until Sept. 2020, but it looks like the policy may have changed recently to only add an additional year after the original 4 year/50K mile warranty ends. That would mean a 2015 car would only have a warranty until 2020.

There is a 2015 CPO GranCabrio with 32000K miles for $62000 located in Northern California.
Thanks for this very thorough answer. I’m currently looking for CPO GTs for sale. I’m excited as I’ve always wanted one. I also found out that you can extend the warranty 1 more year for $1200. Seems like a great deal!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already own my second GT as daily driver. With my first GT (a Granturismo Sport 2014, driven from 2014 untill 2018) I drove 148'000km in total, the car was also driven in the winter with lots of snow and salt (I live in Switzerland). This without any problems or defects. The only thing that had to be replaced with 100'000km was a defective fuel injector. I can recommend the GT as daily driver to anyone, a car of very high long-term quality.
Great info! Thanks. I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t regret buying a car like this for daily driving. Cheers!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts