Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What looks like a prototype race version has been caught testing. It looks like the front wings, side skirts and rear boot lid and bumper could be made of carbon fibre with possibly fibre glass doors as well? Difficult to tell if the dark panels are carbon for sure though as there seems to be some metallic blue paint on the front nose cone. Carbonfibre would certainly reduce a fair bit of weight from the car. The exhausts have been moved much higher up on the rear like the 430 Scuderia presumably to improve airflow at the rear.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Anytime Maserati with full factory support is racing I will always approve. It wouldn't surprise me if they jump on the IndyCar bandwagon too as FIAT representatives were recently present at a manufacturer's meeting with Tony George of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The meeting apparantly was to discuss what they would like to happen with the series in 2011 as that is the year that will be bring forth a new engine formula (turbos)and a new chassis. I would love to see a Maserati engined car back at Indy pulling off victory once again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.